What % of BGs have HIV/AIDS?

lucky_me

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes would you please clarify that statement??????????

Are you sayinf they were allllllllllll positive? What the hell?

Hmm... I'm not sure what the confusion is. I used the word negative, not positive. All of the 5 current/ex bargirls that I have been with when they were tested have tested HIV negative, as in none of them carried the virus. (...or more accuately none had antibodies.)

Worldwalker wrote...

"0 out of 5 of the Thai bargirls I've had tested were negative."

Which means conversely that 5 out of the 5 were positve based upon the above statement.

Thanks for clearing that up :dunno:Hello anybody home?

In all due respect now I realizeI think you meant to say

0 out the 5 girls were positve...Thanks got us worried...

Says Crash999:

Says Old Hippie:

I'll point out again that the original poster has yet to post again on this board since making (this) his first post. I will again say that I think the original poster had an agenda when he made this post, and it seems to have served his purpose.

Huh??????

I am the original poster, and I am pretty weirded-out that anyone would spend so much time & thought trying to figure out who I am and what my "agenda" was.

I live in the USA and I'm basically a pretty normal guy, not gay or having a strong opinion either way about the danger of AIDS. I'm just trying to learn more about it. I wasn't trying to "stir up controversy". I don't spend much time reading message boards... and I have no idea what kind of arguments & controversy were on this board in the past. When I started reading Nana Plaza boards I was very surprised that no one in the health section was talking about it, because it was the main question on my mind. After I made the original post, I came back and read the page or two of responses, but all the responses at that time were kinda getting off my "how many of these cute little things have HIV?" topic and people were just talking about condoms. I was kind of put off by all the condom talk and forgot about the thread for a couple weeks. (Of course everybody should use condoms! Not using a condom in the USA is really stupid, and I imagine that not using one in Thailand... well, I can't even begin to describe how stupid that is).

So now I check back and finally people are posting stuff that is interesting to me.

Now, I'm certainly not trying to scare people away from Thailand. Believe me, it's just the opposite. I think my friends are getting sick of me going on & on about how great the Thai women are. Like I said in my first post, I know there is a risk, but I will take that risk, because the experiences I have had with women in Thailand have been wonderfu & unforgetable. I guess I just wanted to hear what the people on this board think about the chances of catching HIV/AIDS. I wanted to know if you guys believed that the books I read here are accurate, or if, because some of you live in Thailand, you might believe other statistics.

I've learned to cut down on my Thailand talk amongst people here in the USA. When I tell people I love Thailand & the women there, most people look at me like they wouldn't touch me with a ten foot poll. They clearly think that if you go to Thailand and sleep with anybody, you are playing Russian roulette with your life. That frustrates me, because after doing some research, I think that Thailand's AIDS reputation is undeserved.

It seems like most people that love to sleep with bargirls don't really think about the dangers involved. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I want to know the truth about AIDS. And from what I have learned so far, I am not too worried, although I do have concern. I do plan on going back many times, so that tells you I am not letting fear get in the way.

I'm rambling, so I'll stop. Thanks to all who responded so far.

Not using a condom in the USA with a woman is probably safer than having a bath. Unless you are part of the street sex scene and having sex with crack addicts ( and even then the risk of HIV is debatable) you are safe.

This media induced fear of HIV, is ruining the sexual feedom of a whole generation , principally generation X.

It used to be religion that put the brakes on sexual liberation, when the influence of religion started to wane it seems like some higher force introduced the HIV panic.

When you look at it, it would appear that in the whole of modern history there has only been 30 years of real freedom 1966 - 1986.

The advent of the pill, antibiotics, and post war prosperity led to this enviable state.

Now we have the HIV industry cranking away in top gear, anyone daring to question the party line, well their labelled racist, homophobic and probably anti semitic for good measure.

STH

'Not using a condom in the USA with a woman is probably safer than having a bath'

This must be one of the most idiotic ideas I have ever read on this board and can only encourage the non use of condoms. I never heard of anyone getting the clap, syphillis, NSU, clyamidea, warts, unwanted babies as well as the real risk of HIV from having a bath.

Why do some people want to believe that HIV is not a real risk? You would think that even if the figures for infection were inflated several times that it would still be a deterant to unprotected sex, but no, apparently unprotected sex is as safe as having a bath, so no need to worry chaps. Even if you do get the big one all you have to do is stick your head in the sand and keep telling yourself it will not kill you-peter

'Not using a condom in the USA with a woman is probably safer than having a bath'

This must be one of the most idiotic ideas I have ever read on this board and can only encourage the non use of condoms. I never heard of anyone getting the clap, syphillis, NSU, clyamidea, warts, unwanted babies as well as the real risk of HIV from having a bath.

Why do some people want to believe the HIV is not a real risk? You would think that even if the figures for infection were inflated several times that it would still be a deterant to unprotected sex, but no, apparently unprotected sex is as safe as having a bath, so no need to worry chaps-peter

Archived