What % of BGs have HIV/AIDS?

lucky_me

Crash999 - I am intrigued by the comment you made about the expat that died, if I understood your post corectly. Given that he was aware off his condition, was he taking medication for the virus and if so why was it not working. If you dont mind me asking how long had he been HIV+?

My simple understanding is that westerners are not dying so much from HIV related illnesses given the plethora of treatments that keep the virus at a non damaging state. However of course this assumes that he found out and got treatment before the virus had caused too much damage.

Cheers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned this in my earlier post as well. This is the most "political" desease to ever come down the pike, with misinformation and distorted findings as common as facts. No wonder there is so much debate about this.

I'll point out again that the original poster has yet to post again on this board since making (this) his first post. I will again say that I think the original poster had an agenda when he made this post, and it seems to have served his purpose. This is perhapes the worst part of this desease, everyone pimping it for their own agenda/purpose. Makes finding the truth and a cure that much more difficult.

Says SingaporeSteve:

Crash999 - I am intrigued by the comment you made about the expat that died, if I understood your post corectly. Given that he was aware off his condition, was he taking medication for the virus and if so why was it not working. If you dont mind me asking how long had he been HIV+?

My simple understanding is that westerners are not dying so much from HIV related illnesses given the plethora of treatments that keep the virus at a non damaging state. However of course this assumes that he found out and got treatment before the virus had caused too much damage.

Hi Steve,

My expat friend isn't the one who passed away. He has only been recently diagnosed, it was confirmed, and now (I assume) he is now on medication. The person who died was a Thai whom I knew fairly well. I didn't know until after he died what the situation was- despite seeing him virtually every day I only knew that he had been seriously ill. However, a friend of mine who saw him had noticed that he had been suffering from a serious skin condition in the weeks before he passed away. I don't know if he was on medication but it's doubtful as he had a fairly low income. Now his wife is still around but she is extremely thin.

Yeah it seems that the medication is continuously getting more and more sophisticated, allowing people to live with HIV for a long time, keeping the virus at bay. Just look at Magic Johnson- he was diagnosed many years ago when the medicines were much less developed than they are now.

Cheers!

Says Old Hippie:

I'll point out again that the original poster has yet to post again on this board since making (this) his first post. I will again say that I think the original poster had an agenda when he made this post, and it seems to have served his purpose.

What agenda would that be? Do you think he is some sort of undercover agent from a pharmaceutical company paid to surf websites and stir up controversy regarding AIDS? Or perhaps a militant gay, who wants the money of the world to help with his 'gay disease'? Or perhaps some NGO workers, fearful of a cut in their aid packages, trying to remind people on the Nanaplaza.com board to vote 'yes' to AIDS research funding?

Cheers!

Basically, I think he was just trying to start something. In the passed, this has been a very volitile subject, resulting in very nasty arguments, and a few people getting kicked off the board because of it. If you read the original post, it seems very lame (paraphrase here) "...do you guys realize some of the women you see everyday may have hiv/aids...we are at risk..." Who this person is, or what their agenda is, I don't know, could be a militant aids activist or gay activist, trying to wind up all he or she can, could be someone who got kicked off the board, could be a militant christian trying to scare us all sexless etc...I'll point out, that people have done this before, not just here on this board. Lots of wackos etc...my comment remains the same, I find it odd that this persobn made one post only, after waitng a week or so since joining, and it was on a controversial topic. Then never bothered to join in the discussion. Am I alone in finding this odd? Of course he could show up now, and defend his positon saying he was busy or away, and this would further my belief that he was trolling all along.

Am I alone in finding this odd? Of course he could show up now, and defend his positon saying he was busy or away, and this would further my belief that he was trolling all along.

Yup, think you have the bead on this one OH. :hug:

I find it odd that this person made one post only, after waitng a week or so since joining, and it was on a controversial topic. Then never bothered to join in the discussion. Am I alone in finding this odd? Of course he could show up now, and defend his positon saying he was busy or away, and this would further my belief that he was trolling all along.

OH,

I suspect that the OP is really a regular poster who is having a little fun stirring up controversy with this subject. If he is aware of the previous trouble this subject caused, he chose a new handle to prevent the trouble from interfering with his regular posting. The reason he didn't post anything after his first post is that additional posting might reveal a writing style to those who are familiar with his normal posting and blow his cover. His English is flawless, so I guess we can rule out MaoMark as the real OP. :grinyes:

I believe that he is from a country where English is the native language, such as OZ, UK or USA. Do any of you recognize his writing style?

Archived