SICES Thailand - What Is It ?

Grabii

Anyone,

Ever heard about an outfit called SICES Thailand? Located in Bangkok. A Thai person I know describes it as a school, and tells me that he's taking courses in "care giving" there. On completion of the courses he will get a 2-year job in Canada if the visa is approved.

Cost "to learn" is US$1,000, for the "agency" US$4,600 (240,000 baht at the current exchange rate!). Making some rough assumptions I figure that salary less taxes in Canada might be on the order of US$11,000-12,000. Deduct living expenses and repayment of the costs, and it looks to me like the only one who will benefit from this deal is SICES.

He gave me a URL of http://www.sices.com, but that only takes you to a message from MegaPath Networks saying that the domain is either not set up or is no longer hosted by MegaPath. The e-mail address is sicesthailand@hotmail.com

I think I smell a scam ...

JEff

I don't know about this place. However, my ex is a nurse from the P.I. That country is full of "agencies" that will train people to get jobs and visas in Canada, as it is supposedly easier than the USA. There were also severel agencies in Canada run by Filipinos for the same purpose. When you added up the costs, as you did, it hardly seemed a fair exchange. Of course the main goal was to get the visa to get into the respective country. Once there, other agencies would help you find a wife husband etc... or help you petition to stay there. In her opinion, and mine an outright scam.

Straycat,

I've taken a quick look, and I hope it is this Care Providers International. Although anyone can make a pretty web site, this outfit appears genuine even if the arrangements are no bargain to the student. Perhaps Old Hippie has the right idea - price ripoff or not, the real objective of the student is a legitimate route to the foreign country for a greater opportunity once there.

Thanks for the lead, I will contact this CPI for more information and to ask if there may be some SICES copycats out there. At least CPI doesn't have a HotMail e-mail address!

Regards, JEff

Says Straycat:

Could it be these guys?

Archived