frequent flyers points to LOS

Alfmaz

I wanted to put this in Travel/Transportation post but I wanted a bigger response.

How many of the people who travel to LOS on this board use their frequent flyers points to get to LOS, I now have quite a few frequent flyers with Singapore Air and Qantas and I find this is a topic that has not been covered from what I can see on this board .

I?m thinking of using them for my next trip to LOS because this time is not a business trip paid by my employee .I like to see if people have had problems redeeming their frequent flyers point to get to LOS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my country, prices and offers on flights change all the time. Especially if you have to book a flight unexpected and on short notice. This makes it difficult to stick with one airline.

So in the last year I have used bonus cards from Thai, Air France and Finnair. This makes it difficult to get accumulate enogh points for a free flight...

Cheers!

I used FF points to fly from the southeastern USA to Bkk in May 2002 (70,000 Delta Skypoints on Singapore Air) and November 2002 (60,000 NWA Worldperks). Getting the Singapore Air miles 2 months in advance was no problem. However, I tried booking an NWA flight 8 months in advance and could not get the dates I wanted. It seems there are few available NWA FF seats between the USA and BKK.

Usually use mine for upgrade to Business Class.

But have no prob to use them for flight if dates etc work.

Many here have mega points from work etc and can do just about anything they want within restrictions.

Being a SBO (small business owner) all these points come out of my pocket one way or the other. :banghead:

Says Alfmaz:

I?m thinking of using them for my next trip to LOS because this time is not a business trip paid by my employee .I like to see if people have had problems redeeming their frequent flyers point to get to LOS

It is not difficult getting award tickets;it is difficult getting award tickets for the dates that you want and on certain routes. Personally I never try to get any award ticket to BKK for a couple of reasons. I need the status miles and I know that BKK is usually a route that always sells out from the NRT-BKK-NRT leg. Unless I am willing to book 250+ days out there is point in attempting to book the ticket. I have found that it is easier for me to buy an economy fare and then upgrade to business.

I have found I can get an award ticket in either econ or biz to almost any destination except BKK. Go figure.

Used United miles last spring (2002) to fly from eastern US to

BKK. I wanted to travel business class, and ended up having to book on Thai instead of United (United across the US and then Thai from there). Was OK, but cost 125,000 miles instead of 90,000. I tried the booking about 2 months prior to the trip, and was very flexible on the days I would fly...

Says danno5:

Used United miles last spring (2002) to fly from eastern US to

BKK. I wanted to travel business class, and ended up having to book on Thai instead of United (United across the US and then Thai from there). Was OK, but cost 125,000 miles instead of 90,000. I tried the booking about 2 months prior to the trip, and was very flexible on the days I would fly...

Seems alot easier to get biz class awards these days instead of coach. I guess people aren't buying US$5,000+ seats as much. I also notice that coach award inventory is hard to get, I guess people prefer to spend their miles on economy awards.

Archived