frequent flyers points to LOS

Alfmaz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The addition of Asiana to Star may help you in this regard. Seoul adds around an hour of flight time to the total routing -- but the airport is an absolute joy and I have never had any trouble with the ICN-BKK leg.

UA told me that Asiana should be a full fledge point giving member in March 2003. Would be a nice option to have. I am not crazy about their flight times though and the long layovers in ICN can be brutal.

My next trip is actually on EVA and you can't beat the daytime arrivals and late afternoon departures with them or Cathay. The UA 7:30am flight just kills me.

Says Jimmie Blonde:

Thai upgrades only on a full eceonomy flight, that said, I have been lucky and last year and this have been upgraded about 50%+ flights!!!!

mind you Business on Thai is about as good as economy on Singaproe!

JB-- Sad but true... The last time I deadheaded on TG that gave me a crew rest seat on a B747 (upstairs behind the staircase on the -400's).. Even those seats are smaller than other models..

I've been on SQ's new spacebed (SIN-LHR)... very, very nice.. Similar in design to UA's first suite...

As a side note, I really haven't heard that it is very difficult to get FF tickets into BKK.. Just last week I gave 120,000 to a college friend of mine so that he and his new wife can go diving in Phuket... They got ORD-HKG (via UA) HKG-BKK (via TG) BKK-YVR (via AC) YVR-ORD (via UA).. no real problems. They got all the dates and times they wanted.. Seems that since you have 5 star alliance carriers (UA, TG, SQ, NH, LH) going into BKK you do have a a few mor options for FF tickets..

--UPSer

• 2 weeks later...

Says jjsushi:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found that it is easier for me to buy an economy fare and then upgrade to business.

I have found I can get an award ticket in either econ or biz to almost any destination except BKK. Go figure.

Be aware that UA has some very low economy fare but they could not be upgraded. csm

Says chieusamac:

Says jjsushi:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found that it is easier for me to buy an economy fare and then upgrade to business.

I have found I can get an award ticket in either econ or biz to almost any destination except BKK. Go figure.

Be aware that UA has some very low economy fare but they could not be upgraded. csm

You can only upgrade H class and higher on UA international routes using miles The same also applies to the new batch of SWU's just issued.

What sucks is that you pay up for the H fare which is higher than T, V, W, S but you are not guaranteed to get the upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

yes it is true ,when i got my gold card i also got an upgrade to business class.On my return trip they upgraded me to first class.Now that was class.!

Archived