EVA Evergreen Club?

JJsushi

I received my first Award Coupons in January at the same time as the program changed. I understood that I could combine the Award Coupons with miles but didn't catch the part you mentioned: [color:"red"] you can mail in your existing award certs and get them exchanged for electronic miles [/color] .

Have you successfully returned Award Coupons? I will give this a try if you can confirm success. Thanks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned in my coupons at Rama 4 EVA office and they credited me 5000 miles for each coupon, plus 100 more miles as bonus for each coupon for turning them in. I think there is a time limit to turn them in (maybe June '03?). They also transferred my pending mileage under my old acct to the emile account so bring your statement along if any questions.

Also, encountered an annoying problem when I tried to use my emiles to upgrade for an upcoming flight this week. My travel agent called EVA to confirm the upgrade and they said I needed a "coupon" to upgrade. I told agent I had turned in all of my coupons to EVA per their request. My TA called EVA reservation who said they don't have access to my mileage account to credit the miles for upgrade.

Long story short: my TA sent the airline tickets to EVA so they could apply a "coupon" ( :banghead:)for each leg of flight and then delivered tickets to me. It seems they haven't got all the bugs out of their system yet!!

Hopefully that is not the permanent solution.

Tiger Moth wrote: ..<snip>..Have you successfully returned Award Coupons? I will give this a try if you can confirm success. Thanks "

Short answer: yes, no problem.

Long Version: Yep...about a month ago I called their main office in Los ANgeles (I also reside in LA) and found who (which dept.) to send the Award certs to and mailed them in with a cover letter asking them to convert the certs to e-miles..and if they couldn't to mail 'em back to me. I didn't hear from them and their site wasn't currently showing if the accumulated miles were based on Award certs or e-miles. I again called them about 3-weeks later and they said that they confirmed certs had been converted to e-miles. Hence, just mail them to you local main EVA office...they'll do the rest.

Says fatbastard33:

jjsushi wrote

"Do you have status on the airline (i.e. gold silver etc)? "

Yes, Executive membership in Evergreen Club which equates to Silver. Had Gold until about September 2003 but now normally use Thai.

Cheers Fatbastard33

So maybe status doesn't clear those upgrades ahead of schedule like in American FF programs?

I like flying EVA I'm just wondering is it worth it to join their FF program. Currently I have the EVA miles credited to CO.

I use Eva out of choice when flying to Bangkok. Although I am a Silver card holder which allows me use of lounges etc. I have found their service to be generally good, and I have flown in all their classes.

It's worth joining their FF programme, but I am sure that you will enjoy their service.

I had great service from EVA staff when I managed to loose my passport between passport control and the EVA lounge. They sat me down gave me a stiff drink and sent two of their staff out to see if it had been handed in anywhere. A short time later the passport was located and returned to me, much to my relief and suprise. Another trip I was running very late in getting to the airport I phoned to inform them of the situation I made it just as the flight was closing the staff assisted in speeding me to the waiting plane and I got an upgrade! at the time I was a silver card member. Last trip despite going down to a green card I was given a lounge invite on my departure from BKK (accidentally I think) 10 out of 10 EVA I always fly EVA unless I can get a seat on a quality airline much cheaper

rovineye

<But no seat assignment. Is this normal for them now?>

It certainly isn't the case in the UK. I always book through a travel agent (sorry consolidators) and they can book a specific seat.

Failing that, you can join their Evergreen Club on-line and I'm sure that any member can book a specific seat by contacting the reservations at the airport.

Archived