A Thai relationship not so easy.

trotsky2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class is bolloks

This comes from someone who would be deemed Upper middle class regarding Finances

Middle class regarding education

And working class regarding everything else.

So what does that make me?

Like I say class is bollocks

People are either nice or they are not

This comment is not directed at anybody just a statement on what is being discussed.

To the guy who started this thread (Naiv)

I would have serious doubts in saying that this girl is not a bar girl.

IMHO opinion there would have been too muck pressure from her BG friends about easy money etc for her to have not at least dabbled in the scene.

Lao,

It is irrelevant whether one likes or not, or whether it is important or not, each of us occupies a space on the socio-econ spectrum defined by specified criteria. You probably have a good idea where you exactly fit on this continuum.

You are judged every day of your life by everything and everyone around you. There is no escaping it.............

cardinalblue

Says cardinalblue:

Lao,

It is irrelevant whether one likes or not, or whether it is important or not, each of us occupies a space on the socio-econ spectrum defined by specified criteria. You probably have a good idea where you exactly fit on this continuum.

You are judged every day of your life by everything and everyone around you. There is no escaping it.............

cardinalblue

Some insecure people care what others think about them, but certainly not all.

This causes a major problem for those who think they are superior in some way, whether that may be by Education, Career, Family or some other aspect of their present situation.

I rather enjoy upsetting the applecart on occasion myself, often people need to get knocked down a peg or two when they start acting like their farts don't smell.

" She is not a prostitute (to my knowledge, I seriously doubt it)but her job is in the entertainment area. Thus, her friends tend to either be bargirls or people associated with that sector of the economy"

"Boy that is a red flag if I ever saw one."

Yes, I agree. In my experience if her job was in the "entertainment" area then almost certainly she has, at some point, had a "customer". Even if she hadn't, her values may be quite similar to the bargirls who are her friends.

Not that this is the end of the world, it's just that it may be important to you.

Hi,

Darn, the statement "just an engineer"was used for the context that he demanded the woman to fit in his "social class". No insult intended for anyone :grinyes:

I have been called computer engineer, information engineer too and that is what I am , just an engineer :neener:

There are more so-called "middle class people now in Thailand because of the education opportunities. I think it is very good, now just to get some poor people the education chances, will be better.

Cheers! :drunk:

IMO people who buy into class distinctions are pure twats. Do class distinctions exist? Yes they do. Do people buy into them? Yes, they do. Do people have to buy into them? No, they don't. The purpose of these systems is to create division and protect the social or economic benefits accorded to the ruling class. My background has allowed me entry into many different class levels. My conclusion is that we all eat, sleep, shit and die so why waste precious time and energy climbing class levels?

Says check_bin_krap:

There is no definiate reply to your questions about moving in and belonging in different social circles. For some people thats not a big deal. They either adapt to eachother or get used to and enjoy having seperate social lives. For me it became a big problem, but first after many years. Today I would avoid that situation.

I guess it also depends on your plans for the future? Do you want kids? If that is the case your kids might occupy enough of your spare time to not make that an issue.

Cheers and good luck with your choice.

Basically it is a question or priorities and what makes you happy in life. Some guys are satisfied with raising a family, going to the kid's athletic events, renting DVD's and grilling on weekends. Some guys want the trophy wife who they can show off and others can care less about her credentials. Some men need the approval of others and some could give a shit of waht others think of them.

Archived