A Thai relationship not so easy.

trotsky2

"You say you hate any class system, but then you look down on people with less education than you."

You didn't read my post. I said that I look down on well educated or rich people who look down on less educated or poor people. Just to show them, that there is always someone who is more educated.

So I have the same attitude as you: You said that you are sorry for snobs.

Best regards

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Naiv

Surely you wouldn't be guilty of the same crime would you?"

Yes, I am. I have to confess, that I don't like snobs. The same as I don't tolerate intolerante people. But this is a very old paradox.

Best regards

Hail Trotsky,

you wrote: "Together we are great. Being with her is like being with your best mate back home. "

To me this sounds like the perfect partner. You like to be with her like with a friend. And I suppose you also like to be with her in the other important way ;-)

You don't have to mix up your and her friends. And both of you could try to get along with the friends of the partner. But I think it depends on your priority list. Is your girlfriend more important for you or your friends? Are you ashamed of your girlfriend?!?

It seems to me that you don't have the courage to defend your girlfriend in the case that one of your friends would look down on her. Sorry, just my guess.

What is strange in your post is that her lack of education or class or whatever isn't a problem when you are alone with her. So why do you care what your friends might think?

But ok, as a maverick, it is easy for me to talk like that.

Best regards

Awe, hell, I wasn't insulted. I got a chuckle out of how your phrased it, thats all. I'm actually quite proud to be an engineer (environmental...I couldn't take the computer field where I started out :o), it has allowed me to travel to countries like Thailand to help improve the environment and experience different cultures. While as someone else stated am engineer will likely remain in the 'middle' class, that is just fine by me. I'm happy with a comfortable, somewhat relaxed lifestyle that allows me the opportunities I have been given.

Again, well off the subject, but.....

Hi Baron,

please quote me correctly, i.e. the whole phrase:

"I have met a lot of people of higher classes looking down on lower classes and it amuses me to show them that I know much more and that I am much more intelligent so that I can look down on them."

Ok, my english skill isn't that good, but I believed that the word "them" refers to "a lot of people of higher classes ". Did I make a mistake?

Best regards

In all honesty, I don't see how including the entire sentence changes the interpretation. In my previous post, I didn't copy all of it so that the most relevant phrases would be highlighted.

I don't mean to flame, but I think what you wrote speaks volumes.

Mai Pen Rai.

"In all honesty, I don't see how including the entire sentence changes the interpretation. In my previous post, I didn't copy all of it so that the most relevant phrases would be highlighted."

In all honesty?!? Reading only the part of the sentence which you quoted, people don't know what is meant with "them". They could believe, that I wrote that I am looking down on people of lower classes.

Actually I only look down on people of high classes who are looking down on people of lower classes.

Maybe this difference is too subtle for you?

Best regards

Archived