Ho Hum...Another Patpong Ripoff Bar

Sarisin

Alright, I really did not want to go to Patpong last night, but a visiting friend wanted to see a ladyfriend at Cosmos Bar on Patpong 2. So, after dinner at The Carlton, off we went for some fun at Cosmos followed by more fun at Goldfinger?s. By the way, all of this will be written up on the paysite soon.

Anyway, I told my friend I had enough of the ?pong and it was time to head back to NEP. He agreed. However, as we were headed towards the end of PP1 we ran into an old friend, Khun Somsak, a long-time manager with the King?s Group.

He told me that they now had gogo dancers in Queen?s Castle 2 instead of the shows. He led my friend and I up the stairs and then disappeared. Of course, when we walked in the first few bars of ?The Final Countdown? introduced a Dripping Candlewax Show. The gogo dancers were not on-stage.

The only two show bars I used to take visitors to in Patpong due to all the ripoffs were Supergirls and QC2. Recently I wrote about the in-your-face crap in Supergirls now where after each show you have the ?showgirls? shoving a tip bucket in your face. I wrote that place off, and now?here?s what happened in QC2:

We sat down at the bar and ordered our beers. Soon, two naked girls were sitting with me. One sat on the stool next to me. The other sat ON THE BAR next to me ? affording some interesting views, as you might imagine.

The girl sitting to my left was very pleasant and had some fun with me when I put some Valentine stickers on her. The one on the bar started demanding ladydrinks, barfines, and God knows what else. I told her I would buy her a ladydrink if she would go away as I was interested in the other girl. Well, I kept my end of the deal. She drank her drink in one gulp, slammed the glass down, and called the waitress over to order another. I stopped this move immediately.

Then, things got interesting.

I turned to fool around with the other girl. When I reached for my beer, which I had taken maybe two sips out of, I noticed it was empty. I saw another beer appear with a bill going into my cup. I did not ask for this.

I stopped the waitress and asked the girl on the bar what happened to my beer. She, of course, feigned ignorance. I asked the girl sitting with me, God love her, and she told me the other girl poured my almost full beer into the sink behind the bar and told the waitress to bring another. What the F***???

Well, this started a mini-war between me and the pain in the ass sitting on the bar. She didn?t want to argue with me, though, and just wanted to give shit to the girl who spilled the beans on her. I quickly grew tired of this and told my friend to drink up, we were outta there.

I asked for the bill, and, in addition to the two beers and two ladydrinks, there was still an extra bill for a beer I didn?t receive/drink, PLUS a mystery bill for 120 baht. This was a real mystery, even to the dek-serve, because there is no drink in QC2 that costs 120 baht.

I called the mamasan over again and calmly explained the situation, i.e., the bill had been padded, and I counted out exactly 370 baht for the drinks actually received (although my beer went down the drain) and handed it to her. I got up, walked to the door, down the steps and out of Patpong.

Simply put, this is another bar where they think every farang customer is drunk, stupid, or both and will not catch monkey business like this. As I was neither drunk nor stupid I called them out on it and they backed down. But, how many times do they pull this shit and get away with it?

Who cares? I don?t. Now, I can honestly say that you should join me in avoiding EVERY second floor bar in Patpong. And, probably most of those on the ground floor too.

I love to be positive in relating my experiences in Bangkok, but I am honest too. With such great bars in NEP and Soi Cowboy, there is really zero reasons to go to the ?pong now IMO. I know some guys have a few bars they feel comfortable in and trust, but that number for me is dwindling down to zero.

Anyway, again, I call ?em as I see ?em, and if you visit any second floor bars in Patpong get ready to be ripped off.

Your Faithful Reporter.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is ONE upstairs bar that is consistently OK, never had any problems up there, even a few nice looking girls from time to time. I'm referring to Queen's Castle -- the one whose staircase is right next to Camelot Castle. It's the only upstairs bar in PP I ever go in.

Before writing the whole thing off for good, give that one a try. (PS: this one used to be QC2 and the one you went in was QC1. They switched them a while back, not sure why. I agree the one that is now QC2 has gone way downhill.)

PS even though I generally prefer NEP and Cowboy, sometimes it's hard to beat the energy of a place like Camelot, which my wife and I find to be consistently a lot of fun.

Sarisin, I hav'nt been to Patpong for about 4 years. Don't have much desire to either. But thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons I don't bother anymore and won't bother in the future. Your right there are plenty of good bars in Cowboy and NEP, although we might not all agree on the merits or otherwise of a particular bar there just seems to be very little reason for making the journey to Patpong. I wonder how many non regular visitors to Thailand have been ripped off down Patpong on their 2 night stop overs from Oz to Europe?

Cheers Simie.

Exactly two days ago I had a drink in Camelot agogo not so sure of the name, anyways, adjacent to the upstairs bar you mentioned. Definitely, one that belonged to the Kings' group. I girl sat next to me within minutes, hello, what's your name and... colaaaa. God, they are fast these girls, it was just a matter of seconds, I didn't even get the time to ask her name. No manners whatsoever (are you reading this Somchai or whatever your name is?) The music was great but the service was way below standard!

Says KhMarried:

I'm referring to Queen's Castle -- the one whose staircase is right next to Camelot Castle. It's the only upstairs bar in PP I ever go in.

I agree with what Sarasin says, altho I have not been to that bar he references since the change in shows. As for QC, I like the place and have never had a problem there. Not always chock a block with hot girls, but I usually have one in tow when I go thewre. Is this the same bar Sarasin is refering to as QC2 :dunno:.

If it is same-same, why have you written this bar aff Sarasin?

BTW Sarasin, do you have an instamatic camera with you in the bars at times? Wondering if I chatted with you in AW a while back (Dec).

I have been in that situation before, I guess nearly everyone has :doah: but all 3 of us (including Thai guy) except 1 idiot just ignored their padded bill and the arguments were going on nearly 30 minutes to 1 hour and the girls got onto softie and he decided that we "should" pay the padded bill.....

In the end I just said I refuse to pay the bill as it is BS and if he is compelled to do it then he can pay for all of us....so he did, I think he forked out 3-500 Baht for absolutely no reason!!! Money wasn't issue here, principals were!

For me, no point going to level 2 bars unless with a complete newbie who wants to have a look.

SB,

PS Thanks for the reports.... :applause:

Says rovineye:

Says KhMarried:

I'm referring to Queen's Castle -- the one whose staircase is right next to Camelot Castle. It's the only upstairs bar in PP I ever go in.

I agree with what Sarasin says, altho I have not been to that bar he references since the change in shows. As for QC, I like the place and have never had a problem there. Not always chock a block with hot girls, but I usually have one in tow when I go thewre. Is this the same bar Sarasin is refering to as QC2
:dunno:

If it is same-same, why have you written this bar aff Sarasin?

BTW Sarasin, do you have an instamatic camera with you in the bars at times? Wondering if I chatted with you in AW a while back (Dec).

Yes, as KHMarried said, I do believe for some reason they switched the names of these bars. I have not been to the one he is talking about for years. However, since Somsak is a good friend of mine, I did take a few newbies up to QC2 several times. It is between Goldfinger and Kiss, if that helps with the location, and, yes, you will be assaulted by touts shoving cards in your face as you approach. ::

So, I am not really merely writing off QC2 with this post, but the 'pong en toto for awhile. Yes, I am putting the whole place on three-months Special Sarisin Probation. I won't go there for at least three months. Yeah, I am sure you are all saying, big f****** deal, and you are probably right. They won't miss the 2,000 - 3,000 baht I spend on one night's crawling there. But, I often have taken visitors and newbies, some big spender on previous forays. If they want to see the 'pong during the next three months, they can now go by themselves. If they want to visit NEP or SC, I'm there. :)

rovineye, you may have chatted with me in AW as I am often there when I visit NEP. However, I have never taken a camera with me to a bar (Instamatic? :o), so perhaps it was someone else.

The guy I talked to had one of the instamatic type cameras that produces the really tiny photos. He was obviously known to all in the place and there was a rush to him by all the dek serves to have their photo taken. I was next to him and got the benefit of a few of them sitting in my lap looking at their photo or waiting their turn. :grinyes: He didn't take pics of dancers or stage of course. No hastle from management.

This was on my last night of the trip so I had unloading the last of my BG giveaways (cheap novelties). The girls were showing him what I had given them and he brought ot his bag'o charms. It wasn't until I read about your return to the bar scene I wondered if it could have been you. Guess not.

Archived