Singapore in March ... ? boring

New Petchburi Pete

I have to disagree slightly on things to do during the day in Singapore, especially during the weekends. Sunday afternoon's are great with the Filipina maids having their day off. Admittedly, that might get boring if you lived there, but then on the weekend you could go over to Batam with the hordes of other Singaporeans looking for reasonably priced- pussy.

Here's what I guess I would do, if single, on any given weekday in Singapore, assuming I was out till 3AM at OT (Top Ten or elsewhere) and then you have a 1-2 hour roll in the hay, and another in the AM assuming she stays so you are really rolling out of bed at the crack of noon.

1. Funan or SimLim Shopping centers to check out all the new computer gear.

2. Lunch at the Marriott open air restaurant at Scotts/Orchard

3. Hit the Singapore Library in the afternoon, as you don't get too many good libraries in the Far East but this is one of them.

4. Visit the American or British Clubs and see what activities are ongoing.

5. Take in a movie at one of the good theaters they have there.

6. Harbor boat ride to kind of check things out.

7. They have a good zoo, night zoo, and probably good Museums, although I'm not into that stuff unless I'm with the kids.

8. As others have identified, shopping.

9. IMAX theatre someplace, I think. Not sure where, but I believe they have one.

10. Can probably take a day-tour someplace.

11. Fishing - I'm sure there are some fishing tours you can go on, though not sure what.

12. Check out the Singapore Tourism Board site

www.visitsingapore.com/index_main.html

for the Singapore site. Got to the 'ways to live it up in Singapore' This is pretty good, as I guess the STB realised that, like many on this board, its difficult to think of things to do in Singapore after the first few days.

Not being a sportsman, I'm not sure if there are water sports clubs, riding clubs, tennis places, etc, but I'm sure there are. Again, check out the 101 Ways to live it up in Singapore Section of STB's site.

Golf is, I believe, prohibitively expensive.

So that's my 2 cents worth. I guess I can see how this would be boring, particularly if your idea (as is mine) of having fun is checking out the babes in some bar or elsewhere!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a laptop and your flying take advantage of free broadband internet at the airport. Local phone calls are also free at the airport.

If you go to Batam avoid the weekends as it is over run by ah beng from Singapore. Batam also has a go go bar know, although whenever I have been there the girls are usually streched out on the sofas (P.T.Banana). Nothing compared to Bangkok go go bars but the girls are more like beer bar girls, not always pretty, but often friendly, and they are climatized to western customers. Otherwise the sex scene in Batam is pretty gruesome. The girls in the salons are pretty much slaves to thier handlers and the ones in the discos are slaves to X and amphetamines.

ag

since you can/will probably only take 1 girl a night, then give your hotel/room number out to 4-5 girls and ask them to call you around mid-day the next day. At least one of them will call, and you can arrange for some AND or lunch or something.

Archived