Singapore in March ... ? boring

New Petchburi Pete

Going to Singapore in mid March for a visa run ... 3 days, two nights. Everyone is telling me that Singapore is boring! I'm hoping that some of you might disagree, and tell me where I might go, just in case I feel like talking to a girl ... I just happen to prefer female ears! O.K. where are the Chinese beauties & the Thai gals ... I do like to look ... and talk!

p.s. ... a good waoman is like a like a fine piano ... beautiful music when you hit the right keys. ... question is, "what song

do you want to hear?" :grinyes:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget to try Geylang. They have a few Thai houses which are similar to that of Massage Parlours in Bangkok -- less the quantity and sometimes quality. You can probably even request for Malaysian/Chinese ladies in these places around Geylang.

I like the variety of nightlife in Singapore - Orchard Towers - Ipanema is the best, IMO, with a variety of Thai, Vietnamese, a few Indonesians, and others thrown in at 10PM or so. All the joints in OT are good, however, just some better than others.

I'd stay away from the Thais - very hard core, IMHO. All girls will cost you at least one Singapore Whore voucher (US$ 100).

Brixx at the basement of the Grand Hyatt is good with usually a good band and good mix of girls, but these will cost you more. As all the clubs near closing time, the prices come down to the SWV price + taxi money. And if you're embarrased in the high class hotel to do the walk of shame in the morning, just have a bellman come up and give him S$10 to esccort her out. Say something to the girl like 'call me if there is any problem' in earshot of the bellman so he will know not to shake her down.

Other discos are usually Singapore Chinese yuppies with shitty music and groups. I'd stay away from all of them - Chinois, the one at the Marriott, one behind Shaw Center, etc.

A good place to kill an hour or two and have a decent meal and see some attractive girls is the outdoor restaurant at the Marriott on the corner of Orchard and Scotts. Have an ice cold Tiger or Heineken and a cheeseburger and watch the passing pussy.

Further up Orchard, past Centrepoint shopping center, is an upstairs place, Mexican motif, called PapaJos or something like that. Generally an OK place. In the open air bar/restaurant just before you hit Papa Jos you can walk up the street and there are a couple, basic resident-only joints, one called Ice Cold that I like. Forgot the name of the street but you can't miss it as you go past Centerpoint and you hit Papa Jos - the open air place is just before Papa Jos (Not even sure the name of the joint is PapaJos, but its the only 2nd floor Mexican bar/restaurant on Orchard. In fact, it might be just before Centrepoint - its been a year or two since I've been to Singapore for any length of time. If you hit the Meridien Hotel, you've gone too far.

http://forum.sammyboy.com

should set you straight with all the 'things' to do in Singapore.

Are you going to be in on a Sunday afternoon? The tea dances are great and the filipina maids are running hot at the Makati Disco by the Orchard Parade hotel and Ipanema in Orchard Towers, to name just a couple. Peyton Place in Orchard Towers is usually good at about 2-4 PM on a Sunday.

Try out Boat Quay and go to Penny Black on the end for some decent music, and the joint next to it for some jazz. Good music and a lot of the Singapore expats hang-out down here. Nick Lesson used to frequent PB, not that that matters.

A lot of bars and restaurants along this street, and the street behind it. Open late. Good food, and relatively cheap.

Further down the waterway, toward town, is Clarke Quay. Fewer joints but there is a Hooters restaurant, the Blue Elephant (I think that's the name) club/band, a couple of discos, and a lot of restaurants.

Muddy Murphys Irish Bar is OK; its right behind OT. Not any girls there, but they have a lot of different beers.

Have a drink at Sunset at the top of the Westin Hotel - some 70-stories up and you get a great view of Singapore.

Ride the cable car from the World Trade center to Sentosa Island. Better if you can do this with a girl, but again a decent view of the harbor.

If you like steak, Morton's Steak House in the Oriental Hotel - Marina (downtown). It'll cost you $100, but its one of the best steaks in the world. IMO. Seafood also ain't bad.

Less pricey is the 2nd floor restaurant at the Grand Hyatt, which goes on the Open Kitchen concept and you have a hell of a choice of food.

For chilli crab go to East Coast Seafood and sit out by the water. Best if with a girl.

Hope this helps.

Archived