Singapore in March ... ? boring

New Petchburi Pete

Says adikgede:

I agree, plenty two do in two or three days without getting bored. Two or three weeks is another story.

ag

A mate just got back from Singapore (after 3 months in LOS), and expressed the same sentiments. Somehow he thought 3 months in LOS was not enought though!! ::

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says adikgede (and Redbaron's pal) "I agree, plenty to do in two or three days without getting bored. Two or three weeks is another story..."

Yeah, adikgede's hit the nail on the head there :applause:.

Singapore sanuk/nightlife is interesting (food is great especially in the hawker centres: good one slap-bang next to Orchard Towers down a few steps) and MMan's post is very accurate, but can be very expensive and more than 2-3 days would be not such a hardship.

But for sightseeing/shopping/things to do in the daytime Singapore's limited in variety, boring and, again, very expensive and 2-3 days would be just about right, any more (unless you've got business to take care of or a friend there, preferably with a car) and you'll find yourself watching a lot of movies on the hotel PPV channels waiting for the sun to go down and Orchard Towers to open ;) .

j ::

Further to the above posts, if you like hawker's stands for good cheap food, try Newton Circus. Its down at the base of Scott's road (called something different there) but all Taxi drivers know where it is.

Also, in my post I forgot to mention that the only places you'll really find any girls for P4P or pickup will be OT, New Makati, Brixx, and rarely PapaJos. All of the other places I mentioned are NOT pickup joints in the Far East sense of the word - you might get a Singapore girl or expat, but you won't find P4P at Boat Quay, for example.

Selamat menikmati

I would like to pipe in that in case you thought that airport food was an oxymoron the employess cafeteria above the airport parking lot is decent but it could stand for some windows. However I could have overlooked the windows owing to the sense of imprisonment one feels in Singapore. There is plenty to do for a few days, good food, good shoppe even if less price competitive, museums, book stores, parks, and plenty of culture©. What Singapore is lacking is anxiety, sure there is plenty of new-wealth anxiety, will I be able to afford a home, will I get a chance to own a car... that sort of thing. Real anxiety, like something having been achieved at great expense or the sense that there will be hell to pay on the horizon you won't find there.

ag

Fiery jack wrote

"But for sightseeing/shopping/things to do in the daytime Singapore's limited in variety, boring and, again, very expensive and 2-3 days would be just about right, any more (unless you've got business to take care of or a friend there, preferably with a car) and you'll find yourself watching a lot of movies on the hotel PPV channels waiting for the sun to go down and Orchard Towers to open "

As a fan of the little island and a previous resident I felt an urge to disagree with you and stick up for the little place :) However you are absolutely spot on. My god how many days I remember thinking what shall I do on this fine weekend and concluding there was nothing to do but go shopping on Orchard Road for things you dont really need and fighting off all the other Singaporeans who also decided there's nothing to do but ... Go shopping...

Nightlife though is a different kettle of fish and one of the best places for a wide variety of sanuk...

Cheers

SS,

I had the more unusual problem. When there I work at Sebawang, and always long hours and 7 days a week until my job is done, then needing to get home to finalize contracts etc. Several trips there and neve saw anything in the light of day. Then one time a ship was late in arriving, so I had about a week off. I did not have a difficult time filling that without going shopping. THe usual bird park/zoo/food festivals/gardens stuff. I spent most of the time around the resevoirs. Very nice around there. Never even made it to Santos and a few other spots.

Nightlife? Yeah, I was out every night. The food is even better than LOS, because of the variety and availability and price. And the girls, my God they are beautiful. Sort of like California. Full of beautiful girls that won't talk to you!

But Singapore is really on my shit list! I will never forgive it!

Years ago I scheduled two ship repairs back to back. The second ship was delayed for about 4 weeks. I told the ship I was going home and not going to return. They begged me to wait, but I did not want to spend that long paying $150 for girls and $10 for a beer. Needed a change anyway. Pulled out a map. Hmmmm. Thailand! Always wanted to go there. Ship paid me to stay there and wait. Took 6 weeks. My life will never be the same. SINGAPORE!!! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!! :cussing: :cussing:

Well, not really. ::

Archived