Inexpensive place in Bangkok for about 2 months.

Shit-Spattered Dog

Hi all, I've been staying in the Grand Pres.. on both my previous visits but the tab add's up quickly. Nice place and good service but now that I'm more comfy within the city I've been leaning towards a rental on my next visit.

Any suggestion? I would like to stay beside or near Nana and The Cowboy and be near the SkyTrain. I know that if I ask my Thai Gf show would be more than happy to lead me to places which are little more than a concrete bunker style room with a seperate bathroom ( or worst. ) Anything

more and she would question as to "Why spend so much money?" Having said this I have had ladies take me back to their bunkers and some are actually quite nice. I depends on how well it is furnished and it's age.

But cheap I sure it is but I would perfer to find something with a bit more to it. Like Tv, safe,furnished, clean, inroom safe. Little things which makes it nice to come home to.

Anyone stay in bunker style rooms while in Bangkok?

The bill at the Gp cost's 50 UsBucks a night so I figure I

could much better renting even if I pay 4000.00 B+ per month.

Shit 210 + days and counting.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are several location around lower suk where you can rent a single room apartment for up to 4000 baht; even furnitured. but don't expect any extras and facilities; the washroom will not be as you expect.

ask motorcycle taxi drivers, who have excellent knowledge of the soi they are working!

Says samak:

there are several location around lower suk where you can rent a single room apartment for up to 4000 baht; even furnitured. but don't expect any extras and facilities; the washroom will not be as you expect.

ask motorcycle taxi drivers, who have excellent knowledge of the soi they are working!

The Boss Towers seems resonable, bit higher than I would like to pay but close to Nana ( by taxi anyhow.) Seems that the higher up you stay the less AC you need. The outside breeze keeps the elec. bill down. Plus natural air is better than condition air for you.

But Bangkok natural Air?? ::

You're not going to find reasonable accomodations around Suk for 4000b / mo. I'm looking for a long term accomodation right now and can tell you that's a fact.

I've looked at Boss Towers (although not lately) and thought it was a dump.

My suggestion (and I wish I could be more specific) is to take a place for a few days (Dynasty Inn or something like that) and use your mornings / early afternoon to look around. In our current hunt for an apartment, I spotted a number of places that are along the even numbered Sois (8, 10, 12) offering monthly accomodation which might serve you well. Sorry I can't remember the names because they weren't really on my wife's and my agenda.

There are a few places that i know of around that pricerange within a few KM of nana. Try around Phetburi 5,7, 14, 18. There are a few places there and it is only 3 BTS stops away from nana or a 40B taxi ride away at night.

There is rajatheevee apt- soi 18 -4500

?vientiene? apt - soi 18- 6500

sukaa place - 6500+ - soi 14

D-mark and few others on soi 5 or 7.- around 6000ish

A bit further away at victory momument you can find places for 4000

WYD

>I know a few girls that live in acceptable places around Ekkamai for your sort of budget.

That's where my home is, I'd love to see something acceptable for a farang within that price range. At least, double the price.

Go 2 stops further, On Nut, still on the train, you may find something where you can live for some time (lower but acceptable by western standards).

[color:"blue"]That's where my home is, I'd love to see something acceptable for a farang within that price range. At least, double the price.[/color]

Well, I live in that area as well. Monthy rent: 3000 baht. Furnished, clean, guard on duty. I have no complaints what-so-ever.

I used to live in 25.000 bath per month apartment in the farang ghetto. Frankly, that was silly money down the drain.. -- What I have now is about the same, although smaller. Sure, I had to buy a TV, UBC-subscription and a fridge -- but, hell, the cost of that does not even cover what I used to pay monthly for my old apartment!

Incidentally, I'm not the only farang living in the same complex.

Archived