Inexpensive place in Bangkok for about 2 months.

Shit-Spattered Dog

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says whosyourdaddy:

There are a few places that i know of around that pricerange within a few KM of nana. Try around Phetburi 5,7, 14, 18. There are a few places there and it is only 3 BTS stops away from nana or a 40B taxi ride away at night.

There is rajatheevee apt- soi 18 -4500

?vientiene? apt - soi 18- 6500

sukaa place - 6500+ - soi 14

D-mark and few others on soi 5 or 7.- around 6000ish

A bit further away at victory momument you can find places for 4000

Ok now I got some leg work to do. Prices sound good and area sound close to what I want. As for quality as long as it's reasonably clean and safe and no stairs than I am happy.

Shit

Says steffi:

Where do you have to be located? There's quite a few places where you can pay a daily rate of 1000 baht and they are fully serviced but they aren't in the Suk area though. And guest policy is probably strict as well.

Must be near the skytrain for hassle free access and to help me to keep my bearing although I do have a nose for directions. 1000 B per day still adds trying to get more bang for the buck, if you know what I mean.

Shit.

I'll offer one bit of advice. Let your lady friend do the asking.

Sometimes the rents are negotiable. My wife and I were shown a very nice 2 bedroom apartment just about a hundred meters walking distance to Ekkamai (the soi, not the BTS station, but close to it). The manager was a Thai male. I asked him how much the rent was and he told me 35,000 Bt/mo. Not even two minutes later my wife asked the same question. He told her 22,000 Bt/mo! ... talk about the 'double standard.'

The last time I rented an appartment, I wound up at the Thuang Thong House on sukh. soi 11. it is almost at the opposite of the entrance of the GP, so it should be easy for you to find.

I had a one bedroom appartment with cable tv, kitchen, ample supply of towels and bedsheets, fully furnished for about 12,000 baht/month with laundry included. I had to pay extra for electricity. I payed 4 baht per unit for that. I really enjoyed the stay there, they had a very decent staff. It took me some negotiating, but as long as you do it with a smile you will have no probs.

Last time I stayed was june 2001, so I don't know if things have changed.

Contact info : Vanida Majjimanonda, tel. 02-2554611.

Cheers,

soongmak

Says SOONGMAK:

The last time I rented an appartment, I wound up at the Thuang Thong House on sukh. soi 11. it is almost at the opposite of the entrance of the GP, so it should be easy for you to find.

Cheers,

soongmak

Sound very promising and I will check it out on my next visit as I am almost sure I'll stay at the Gp for a least a couple of nights on my next trip in November :angel:

Reading your directions over, ( it is almost at the opposite of the entrance of the GP) it sound like that it is beside the GP and opposite of the checkin/checkout driveway to towers 1 and 2, but deeper down on Soi 11.

I will need to find a place cause the GP just to big a drain on the old buget for poor, folkesy, guy like me.

Shit

Another possibility is Street-1 Lodge on Suk Soi 1 about 200 meters into the Soi on the East side of the street. 3,500 Baht per week will get you about a 20 sq. meter room with en suite bathroom, TV, a/c, mini fridge. 3 min walk to Skytrain. Quiet neighbourhood but close to lower Suk nightlife.

Can stay there a few days; if you don't like it, go hunting for somewhere else.

Harlequin

Archived