Any news on Soi 10?

Man at Work

After the shocking news of Soi 10 being destroyed over night, I have not found any news on what has happend since on this board.

Are the "destroyers" beiing punished?

Is there any construction going on? If so, by whom?

Any further bar-areas threatened (like Asoke or such)?

Any new pics anywhere?

Questions over questions.

MaW

Hi maw,

Nothing happening on the site itself. I have seen no news on action against those responsible but I have not been looking too closely.

A new bar has opened on the other side of Soi 10 in what used to be an Indian Restaurant. Apparently owned by a former Soi 10 bar owner - small but not a bad spot with a pool table and, I am informed, ST room(s).

I called in last night.

Khwai

This subject has definitely been in the news. Not sure if it's true, but, supposedly the owners were given a warning about a month before the event. Most already know that it was a combined effort by poilce officials and army. ? punishmnet, I doubt it. But, I believe some degree of restitution will be eventually be made. BTW, the devastation is best seen from Skytrain between Asoke and Nana. There was also a fine shop in there that sold some beautiful (not cheap) religious items from Tibet ... not sure if they got out before the havoc.

actually the 2 army officers involved in the demolition filed a law suit agains the national police chief for protecting the owner of the land (the owner of davies group, who owns the MP emanuelle, victoria's secret, honolulu and davies hotel on suk soi 24). once again and as always the small guys who did the hard work will be punished a little bit (but don't worry, they had a good payday) and the one's who masterminded the coup will remain in the dark.

I read in the Bkk Post or Nation that the owner of the Davies Group is now in Australia, and the police want to talk with him when he returns to Thailand.

I also talked with a bar owner that she received an offer of 40,000 baht to compensate her for the 2 shops she owned in the complex. This seems consistent with the 20,000 baht Stickman reported being offered to the shop owners. She has turned this offer down as she had invested over 500,000 baht upgrading and opening the new shop in January about 2 weeks before it was destroyed.

You would think the new owners who just shelled out 500 million baht would be thinking about developing this property soon to get a return on their investment. I'm sure now they are hoping time puts some distance between the anger caused by this action, and makes the shop owners more willing to accept any compensation.

I also talked with a bar owner that she received an offer of 40,000 baht to compensate her for the 2 shops she owned in the complex.... She has turned this offer down as she had invested over 500,000 baht upgrading and opening the new shop in January about 2 weeks before it was destroyed.

Similarly, I heard from one of the bar owner tonight that they were offered around 10% of the loss.

Archived