pattaya hotels

fatharry2

after my first solo visit to los, being a bit paranoid about security/traveling alone, i spent 14 nights in pattaya, 3nights siam bay view, 2 nights royal garden and 9 nights amari orchid, all good hotels but wank guest policys, this september i am going back and am leaning towards eastiny or flipper. i have seen some posts quoting 600 bht for the flipper. for this price surely the hotel cant be very good, dirty, security very poor etc. any info much appreciated. also whilst sitting round the pool at the amari orchid[right at the end of beach road,north pattaya] i could see a hotel just down the beach road going towards walking street] it was easily the biggest tower block by far and it has bugged me that i never found out what it was called.can anyone help. cheers harry

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed at the Pattaya Centre for 2 weeks in June, booked via the internet and had no problems at all. Initially I booked 2 nights as I had heard stories of problems with poor quality sheets and towels and I didn't want to be tied in to a long stay.

I'm happy to report that the room was fine and the sheets and towels were very good (and I'm fussy).

As I was happy I extended and ended up staying 2 weeks. I was a little concerned they may say the first 2 night reserved via the internet were at the lower late but the extra days were at the higher rate but no everything was fine.

I liked this hotel, the staff were friendly, 'Good Morning' 'Good Night sir' and they didn't keep asking my long term girlfriend for her ID card which was nice.

The hotel seemed well run and I will be staying there again in August.

In fact I moved to the Pattaya Centre whilst I was already resident in Pattaya and popped in to check out the room before sending the internet booking and saw a gentleman who I believe was either the owner or certainly very senior in the management.

He was very keen on the giving the discounted rate and was happy for me to book online although I was already in Pattaya.

I'd recommend this one and think it compares very well with other hotels for the money.

Pattaya Centre Hotel

harry,

you probably saw the PATTAYA CENTER HOTEL on soi12. You can reserve online and save 40% BUT:

someone posted that despite the resevation,they told him it was full,except for a deluxe room (TIT), and then after changing from one night in the deluxe room to standard, they tried to overcharge him, saying actually his room was an upgrade, and blahblah (more TIT), this when he had a taxi waiting and his bill was due. I say: boycott!

Flipper on Soi 7 is fine, especially the new wing rooms. It was 730baht last trip.

Cannot say about Soi 8 Flipper, but Soi 7 new rooms compare with just about any. A little small, but good AC, full cable TV, new and clean. Security also good, but of course, I don't allow ID checks, which they now enforce. Good safety boxes at Reception also, not in room

good luck,

Nok

About Pattaya Centre, I've had them try it on with me there too. Just little things, like trying to charge me for phone calls I never made, in one case seeing if I was dumb enough to pay a bloody joiner fee, LOL!

Needless to say I said a polite no way to all this bullshit and they realised I wasn't a prat and never tried it on again. But if they think they can get away with it, they will try. Be aware.

This has not in any way put me off the place at all, however, in fact I have another reservation there already for my next trip! It has friendly staff, despite what I just said, good location, and excellent value for money.

Eastiny has ultra-friendly staff, is very clean, and also a good, though different, location. More expensive though.

Flipper Lodge looked fine too, I didn't stay there although I checked out a few rooms. Seemed good value.

having just returned from 5 days in Pattaya, if you're looking at smaller hotels like Flipper or Eastiny, I can highly recommend to you Haven Hotel on Soi 13 (next to AA hotel), only 15 rooms I believe, no guest problems, and very nice good-sized rooms with huge beds, plenty of towels, adjustable AC (to deal with the usual BG complaint that the room is too cold!), vcd player....and loved the tiny but adequate swimming pool. Also, since you mentioned security, each room has a safe which was big enough for my expensive SLR camera. I paid 750 baht/night (went up to 850 B on July 1), which I thought was a steal for what I got, and infinitely a better deal than what I was getting in Bangkok (somewhat grotty Business Inn for 600 B/night).

They can be found on the web here.

PS. Should add that I found out about this hotel from the "favorite BKK/Pattaya hotels" thread--another reason to thank this board!

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: PaiLao ]

thanx for the replies.i think i will check out the eastiny and the flipper on soi 8, and make up my mind when i get there. the thing about soi 7 is that i trawled a few bars there back in may, the one bar i remmember was about halfway up, with a good looking but very very hard girl called su, who seemed to be in charge, we sat down for a few beers and then got hit by every beggar,photo woman, little kid selling chewing gum in pattaya. im not joking it was every 20 seconds, and i swear they were coming back in a loop. it ended up with a half thai/african guy with half his skull missing sitting down at my side, and a thai kid of about 8 making throat cutting signs at me, because i did not buy any gum from him. after about half an hour we got up and left, and did not go back. it kinda put me off the sois , and i stuck to walking street, beach and 2nd road

Archived