pattaya hotels

fatharry2

Interested to hear if anyone else has some recent experiences at the Pattaya Centre Hotel? Looks like they have improved things a little? Also, any recommendation on an alternate hotel with (1) beach view, (2) good pool, (3) no joiner fee/hassles would be appreciated. Thanks!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed at the Pattaya Centre in February '01 in a super deluxe room (#1302) booked over the net at 1,400bt.

I didn't care for the place at all and will never stay there again. It has great views from the rooms, but that is the only good thing. The furniture in my room was old and in poor condition, but the worst thing about this place is their pool area, not good at all.

I think you would be much happier at the Flipper Lodge or Eastiny Inn, both on Soi 8. I don't know anything about the Flipper on Soi 7 other than it looks like it has a rooftop pool also.

I also had a bad experience at the Pattaya Center Hotel. The staff seem to have free license to try to charge farang for spurious things if they feel like it. After I checked in I was warned of a new (since the last time I stayed there) guest fee. However, after the shift change, my guest walked past without problem.

There were loud Chinese package tourists in my hall (who assumed wrongly that they were the only one in the hallway and banged on EVERYONE's door in the morning to make sure their group was awake), the hall stank of something awful, the bathroom was rather dirty, and my towel was an interesting white color with yellow streaks.

How noisy is Flipper and Eastiny? The location is great and I've heard good things about the rooms but I don't want to be kept awake by lots of noise after hours.

Cheers!

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experiences at the Pattaya Centre and mine was so good. How recently have you experienced problems?

I was there June this year.

On the subject of being over charged I was impressed by the bill which was itemised and handed to me and found to be in order.

Maybe there have been changes as everything seemed to run like clock work for me.

What about the Welcome Plaza Hotel? I have read about this place on other boards and plan to spend at least a week there on my next trip a couple of weeks from now.

Ignore the internet rates posted on the web sites. Apparently you can get a standard room for about 650 baht walk in rate right now (low season). http://www.hotelthailand.com/prepaid/pattaya/welcomeplaza/

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Alfalfa ]

I recommend the Sunbeam also on Soi 8 based on 2-night stay last November. Internet rate is 1,200. I had very nice room and no problem with 1 guest, but they did want an extra 300B for the second. I like the Soi 8 location.

I stayed at Pattaya center about a month ago. Seems people either like it or hate it. I liked it. My 2 complaints are the large Tiawanese/Chinese tour groups and the missing remote for the TV.

I had no issues with the staff, the room, my possessions in the security box etc. If you don't mind the Nana in Bkk then you will feel right at home at the Pattaya center and you are guaranteed a view of the beach.

Pay the extra 100baht for the superior room with a king size bed. Book on the internet and save big. Can't get the same rate in person as far as I know.

Pattaya Centre Hotel

Stayed there for 4 nights in late May. Got a deluxe room via the internet for 950 Baht.

Got a bloody big room, with a big bed and a lovely view of the bay.

No complaints and no problems with the Chinese package tourists.

When I return to Pattaya in late August I will stay there again.

Fatbastard33

FB,

I will be in the Pattaya Centre from mid August to early September, will have to meet up for a beer and maybe swap a few stories. My friends at home are sick of me boring them with tales of drunken adventures with bar girls but I sense you are a connoisseur and it might be good to have a fellow sanuker for an evening.

Cheers!

Alfalfa,

Welcome Plaza is fine. Good location (accross from Royal Garden). Some rooms are in slightly better condition than others, but you would have to be pretty picky to not be comfortable there. Good guest policy. THB650 is their asking price upon walk-in. I didn't haggle. Many rooms can open into adjoining rooms if you want to have a big party with your buddies. Rooms on the upper levels, facing the sea, give a nice view. Have a great time. cool.gif" border="0

PS--stop spending stupid money at bullsh*t places like Amari and Royal Garden hotels. Put your savings towards your next flight or towards a digital camera or movie recorder. wink.gif" border="0

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Archived