English Teacher Murdered by Thai Girlfriend

Ckrisg

It's just been reported on the local news that an English Teacher from Bury Manchester UK has been stabbed to death by his Thai Girlfriend in Bangkok.

Paul Mason 27 had just arrived to take up a post teaching English in Bangkok. Any of you guys know him, I know the family but not Paul.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he just arrived in BKK, was she really a girlfirend of any duration? Did he have a prior history in bkk?

What type of girl was she other than one with a very bad and uncontrollable temper?

The paper said he was stabbed to death. Was he drunk, asleep or impaired in any way that would have prevented him from saving his own life? Or was he just completely caught by surprise that a thai girl would take a knife to him and actually use it?

It will be interesting if any more facts come out of this and what lead to her taking violence to him?

Lets remember we only get the partial or incomplete truth to any news story. Who knows who really what happened? You will only get the girl's version now.

Too bad in any case regardless of fault or blame?

Cardinalblue

English teacher murdered by Thai girlfriend. Why?

1. For maintaining an angst-wridden site about naughty Bangkok nightlife even as he's engaged to her?

2. For assuming the name of a communist dictator while posting on a board not unrelated to naughty Bangkok nightlife?

3. For bringing shame on the family name for falling so haplessly behind in that same board's fantasy premier league?

Hi,

There's some more about the story here. Apparently it happened 5 days ago:

Friday, February 21, 2003

Briton stabbed to death in Bangkok

A 27-year-old Briton was stabbed to death in the second murder of a British national in Thailand this month, police and embassy officials have said.

Paul Simon Mason suffered a knife wound to the chest and was pronounced dead at hospital Thursday local time, while his Thai girlfriend was found lying beside him with stab wounds, police said.

The British embassy confirmed Mr Mason's death but did not give further details.

Police said officers had yet to determine the circumstances of the killing but local media speculated the couple may have had an argument that turned into a deadly knife fight.

"We still don't know what the motive of the killing was since there were no known witnesses, and the Thai woman was stabbed and is not yet in a condition to talk," Lieutenant Colonel Suchart Khieusui of Klongton police station said.

Mr Mason is the second Briton found dead in the kingdom this month.

The body of a British national living in Thailand was found in a river after a group of men had apparently shot and stabbed him in early February.

http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s790019.htm

see also:

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?pt=n&id=29179

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=62778932&p=6z779638

I just happen to be in Ireland to sell my flat , and it was here in the news a few days ago. They wrote, that he was irish, just moved to BKK, and that drugs were involved. GF as well as victim were under influence of Yaba (written correctly ?).

Police assumes, that they had a fight, when they were drugged up...

Woman called police via the apartment-security herself...

Will try to find the paper...should be somewhere here...if I find the article and the name of the paper, I will post it here...

Should be the same guy, because they wrote he just moved there...killed by gf...and in that age...

Cheers...

Archived