English Teacher Murdered by Thai Girlfriend

Ckrisg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly pissing on his grave there. It's just that's there are a lot of English teachers on this board (and more to come, as Sileakhunt says). They'll see the headline and be wondering why. It'd be nice to avoid doing anything that sparked such an outcome.

Er, 4) For using a picture of the sacred Gary Ablett as an avatar?

Not making jokes about him. I thought it was more along the lines of Sileakhunt's "Can you think of any Englishmen with a "high spirited" girlfriend about to take up a teaching post in Thailand???", which wasn't a joke about him either. Anyway, apologies. There but for the grace of God go all of us...

His Thai girlfriend was found lying beside him with stab wounds? Yet he, presumably stronger, was the one that died? Anyone think she may have decided to stab herself after doing him, to put things in a better light?

I think the confusion over nationality is due to the fact that the nearest there is to an Irish embassy in BKK right now is, rather embarrassingly, the British Embassy.

I called the number listed for the Irish Embassy the other day and I was put through to the United Flour Mill building :dunno:.

I said I was trying to contact the Irish embassy and they asked me to hold. Then a voice came on the line telling me to call the Irish embassy in KL, Malaysia..... Brilliant!

About the death of the English teacher, my Mum told me about it, I guess having a son teaching over here arroused her interest in the story. She is always relating little bits of news about people being killed over here etc..

I feel sorry for the guy's family. I think that a lot of guys over here move in with girls they know little about and the results, as we have seen time and time again, can be disastrous.

Same down here. There is a consul liason who works at the international school, but she probably left years ago. Of course we would not be having Irish English teachers killed down here, because in Ireland the national language is Irish. By the solid logic of Indonesia's education department the Irish are not native speakers of English, but Welshmen, Scotts, Indians, and Malaysians are.

ag

From the news paper:

Paul Simon Mason suffered a knife wound to the chest and was pronounced dead at hospital Thursday local time, while his Thai girlfriend was found lying beside him with stab wounds, police said.

Police said officers had yet to determine the circumstances of the killing but local media speculated the couple may have had an argument that turned into a deadly knife fight.

"We still don't know what the motive of the killing was since there were no known witnesses, and the Thai woman was stabbed and is not yet in a condition to talk,"

media speculated the couple may have had an argument ]

Am I the only one who thinks this story of a knife fight between bf and gf is a bunch of crap?

When something sounds to absurd to be true it usually is not true.

This story of a knife fight sounds like something put out by the cops to the media to lay the groundwork for never charging the real killer(s). The two were stabbed by third person(s).

Or maybe my imagination is on a tear.

Archived