Any one like to talk about Thai music?

' I don't think so Fon she said she love YOU maybe to many M 150? '

She did, and not same concert as M 150, maybe she was thinking of Monsit! Come to think of it Rung Suriya said that as well, these singers are such flirts. I ordered my DVD of the bird/jintara concert from www.thainetcity.com also can order magazine from there. I have found them the best, although there is www.thaimegamart.com and www.ethaicd.com -peter

I will borrow DVD from young sister she bought it last week

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NTG / TB,

What Thailand really needs is an all-girl rock'n'roll band ! Soaring guitar solos, pumping bass : all the good stuff. Thais seem to like their pop to be as sappy as possible, and thats probably why every song sounds the same to our ears (as opposed to the huge diversity of Kylie Minogue's material....).

Not sure how well 'hard rock' would go down in Thailand, but it would definitely export well. Pat Benatar, eat your heart out

Sometimes i like rock but sometime i don't like.is to noisy.

I prefer sweet song

Sometimes i like rock but sometime i don't like.is to noisy

Yeah, its definitely mood music - if you are in the mood for trashing hotel rooms :)

There are only a few music genres that I absolutely cannot handle, and my last trip to China exposed me to one of them. There is a TV channel that plays nothing but the Beijing Opera - it sounds like someone is torturing a cat ! I am told that there is a Thai equivalent, but I am happy to say that they werent playing it in any of the venues I visited, thankfully. My Chinese GF assured me that most young people in China dont like the BO either - hopefully, it'll lose its TV following soon.

Says thai3:

I got the VCD of the bird/jintara concert, and the DVD came two days ago, it has some extra things on it which are worth getting. There is a version of ma tamai set in a bang rajan type setting, quite funny and very well done. This is one of the most exciting concerts I have ever seen, must have been incredible to have been in the audience. Is it true Bird is 46 this year? I don't think I could get away with patting Jintara on the head like he does!
:o
- peter

I'll look out for the dvd soon. I too heard he's in his mid 40's + . Many people confirmed this last trip.

Says thai3:

I got the VCD of the bird/jintara concert, and the DVD came two days ago, it has some extra things on it which are worth getting. There is a version of ma tamai set in a bang rajan type setting, quite funny and very well done. This is one of the most exciting concerts I have ever seen, must have been incredible to have been in the audience. Is it true Bird is 46 this year? I don't think I could get away with patting Jintara on the head like he does!
:o
- peter

Hi Peter,

I think this is a great CD. They're all playing Surat Thani on march 4th, excellent if it wasn't for the fact that I leave for a 2 week Malaysian trip on the 3rd.

On patting her head, I checked with the wife and you can do it with close relatives who are younger than you or good friends. I'm not sure in what category you fall after you visited 9 shows :dunno:?? Or are you 2 young??

Really funny with him is that he is gay, but he attracts loads of screaming girls, in all ages.

Firstly, I maintain that the Thais are more accepting of ones sexuality than Westerners, but there is something beyond that with adolescent females. I think that they are enraptured with the concept of rolling around naked with a star, regardless of the unlikely nature of that happening, and this leads to the kind of mass hysteria which you see at record signings, concerts etc

Being gay didnt stop George Michael, Freddie Mercury ro countless others from being besieged by legions of screaming queens, er, teens !

I'll look out for the dvd soon. I too heard he's in his mid 40's + . Many people confirmed this last trip.

46 years is correct. But he looks young

Archived