Just saw on Fox Sky news

Torneyboy

DVT.

They were saying that long periods spent working on your computers can cause the same DVT as for long haul air flights.

This could become a real problem for employers,if staff have to go for a walk around the office every 30 mins or so..productivity questions etc.

What do you guys think or do about this subject? :dunno:

What do you guys think or do about this subject?

The effects may be the same as on a long haul flight but this can be avoided by stretching legs, moving feet and walking around for a minute or so. I don't know about your employer but for my staff this would be perfectly ok. I don't take the argument of productivity loss if this is done for a few minutes per day.

OK i was looking at it from the view of many offices many staff etc away from desks missed call re call clients and so on.

I own my office and my staff have a free run as long as all work is completed in a timely manner .

Mainly a comment re DVT is not just a cause of long haul flights ..also as you may be aware some staff will take advantage of a chance to avoid work for a while.

"They were saying that long periods spent working on your computers can cause the same DVT as for long haul air flights."

I would say people are far too concerned about what is esentially people sitting on their fat asses and having comfy jobs.

I would be much more concerned about workers in for example chemical industry, physical demanding blue collar jobs etc.

Cheers!

P.S.: I am one of those comfy fat ass guys.

also as you may be aware some staff will take advantage of a chance to avoid work for a while.

TB,

yes I agree, some staff will take the advantage. I looked at it from the Japanese perspective. Cheating is not very common over here.

"They were saying that long periods spent working on your computers can cause the same DVT as for long haul air flights."

I would say people are far too concerned about what is esentially people sitting on their fat asses and having comfy jobs.

I would be much more concerned about workers in for example chemical industry, physical demanding blue collar jobs etc.

Cheers!

P.S.: I am one of those comfy fat ass guys.

Yes i agree..but also from those areas they claim RSI ?

Maybe we should do the job take the money and get on with it.

There appears to be a study every 5 mins rebuking somthing from years ago. IE Red wine is bad for you..now red wine is good for the heart ( in moderation) and so on it goes :dunno:

also as you may be aware some staff will take advantage of a chance to avoid work for a while.

TB,

yes I agree, some staff will take the advantage. I looked at it from the Japanese perspective. Cheating is not very common over here.

No i agree..cheating is a bit tough but if they can get away with some time here and there good for them not so good for whom is paying the salaries .

PS if they smoke as well....a nother story..they have to play fair IMHO

"There appears to be a study every 5 mins rebuking somthing from years ago. IE Red wine is bad for you..now red wine is good for the heart ( in moderation) and so on it goes "

Yes, someone say BG's are good for us and then someone like your wife says they are bad for the family! ::

Cheers!

Archived