Is Nazism real in Pattaya?

tomx2

Hi!

You can find considerably more scum in BKK as it is a much bigger city. For precisely that reason it is also easier to avoid them.

but, just be careful with judging people, esp. asians, who carry a swastika

Be very careful judging people carrying any symbol. Lots of people carry crosses without being devout christians. I myself since 25+ years carry the hammer of Tor, the ancient viking (and probably German) god. This does not mean that I'm a devout follower of the old Asa religion or that I believe that thunder is created by Tor when he is pissed of at something and slams away with his warhammer. Lots of ignorant people today think the hammer is a racist symbol which is complete bullshit as formal racism in this part of the world is a christian invention.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Pattaya has it's fair share of dickheads. Most of them are just that. I have met few that I would classify as real nazis but most of them probably just like to piss off pc wankers. I do that myself sometimes although I wouldn't resort to old nazi symbols.

What I find much more disturbing in your post is that bodybuilders/weightlifters on steroids might be back. Ten years ago they were there in numbers and could be very dangerous. A friend of mine was knocked uncocious because he accidentally bumped into one of them. I think the English expression is "roid rage".

regards

ALHOLK

Says flyonzewall:

>>>From what I have seen of Pattaya it is the kind of place that attracts scum wherever they come from.<<<

can't disagree with that one.

but, just be careful with judging people, esp. asians, who carry a swastika, unless it is a clearly identifiable nazi swastika, like the idiots tomx2 desribed.

the swastika is one of humanities oldest symbols (like the sunwheel or the egyptian ankh) and carries a great importance in hinduism and buddhism. the nazis just borrowed it and perverted that symbol for their own purposes.

Found the following on the net. It was published by the New York Times on Saturday, July 29, 2000,

it reads, in parts:

"The swastika gets its name from the Sanskrit word svastika, meaning well-being and good fortune. The earliest known swastikas date from 2500 or 3000 B.C. in India and Central Asia. A 1933 study suggests the swastika migrated from India across Persia and Asia Minor to Greece, then to Italy and Germany, probably in the first millennium B.C.

The fateful link was made by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann. From 1871 to 1875, he excavated the site of Homer's Troy on the shores of the Dardanelles. When he found artifacts with swastikas, he quickly associated them with the swastikas he had seen near the Oder River in Germany. As Steven Heller, art director of The New York Times Book Review, wrote in "The Swastika: Symbol Beyond Redemption," "Schliemann presumed that the swastika was a religious symbol of his German ancestors which linked ancient Teutons, Homeric Greeks and Vedic India."

Pretty soon swastikas were everywhere, rotating both clockwise and counterclockwise. Coca-Cola issued a swastika pendant. Carlsberg beer etched swastikas onto its bottles. During World War I, the American 45th Infantry division wore an orange swastika as a shoulder patch. The Girls' Club published a magazine called The Swastika. And until 1940, the Boy Scouts gave out a swastika badge.

How did the Nazis get hold of it? According to Heller, the Germanen order, an anti-Semitic group that wore helmets with Wotan horns and plotted "against Jewish elements in German life," used a curved swastika on a cross as its insignia. By 1914, the Wandervogel, a German youth movement, made it a nationalist emblem. The Nazi party claimed it around 1920. "

And more interesting is that the original poster mention that he was at the Marine Disco and they were playing music at 3:30 am, long after the 2:00 am curfew ::

Shit

You can find since many years Nazi symbols in Pattaya. Forbidden books, Stahlhelm, flags, Hitler portraits painted in oil etc. :dunno:

Sometimes there is a skin meeting in Pattaya.

Pattaya is wonderful Mecca for drunken skins and football hooligans. :cussing:

"And until 1940, the Boy Scouts gave out a swastika badge."

Any one else see the beginnings of a Mel Brookes screenplay here ?

"What's with all these awards? They're always giving out awards! Best Fascist Dictator: Adolf Hitler!"

- Woody Allen in Annie Hall

Pattaya is wonderful Mecca for drunken skins and football hooligans.

[color:"blue"]

Hummm ... now you've done it :hubba: Now I wait for the defender of the paradise for family to show up on the thread and repudiate your statement :grinyes:

[/color]

FLY-

Agreed- However the Hindu symbol has a slight variation design wise as compared with the Germans Third Reich symbol- I believe the ends go in a different direction-

At any rate Pattaya collects the weirdos for sure-

I would not be surprised however if these blokes are indeed serious

Nazi supporters because it is illegal to do this in Germany and here they can get away with it- :onfire:

Hi!

I think I might have posted this before. The swastika with the crossbars going counter clockwise is also a very old (pre viking age) Scandinavian symbol. It allegedsly developed from the sun wheel which can be found on 2500-3500 year old rock carvings all over Sweden. One type of sun wheel is a ring with a cross inside. The cross bars are are the ring broken up to depict the flames of the burning sun wheel rolling over the sky.

When I went to school this swastika was used as a map symbol for hydro electric power plants. Today I would expect that pc wankers have changed that.

regards

ALHOLK

I think it was probably a bunch of drunken louts. Although I must say that this trip the Germans did seem a bit more, well, well, GERMAN. The way I see it there are two nationalitys that have a tendency to become overbearing when visiting other peoples countries. Americans (I am one) and Germans. With the french just being fussy. LOL. I think its generaly the result of some sort of right wing, nationalist oriented, domestic political climate that brings out this behavior. For Americans it was Regan, and the Bushy's. For the french I think they are still into the Gaulist mind set, and for the Germans it is no doubt Shroeder (sp). When polititions get desperate they always wrap themselves in the flag. Unfortunetly some of the citizens get carried away, being too nieve to see the ploy. Next thing you know you have facism rearing its head. The level of tolerance for this kind of behavior is very high in LOS, these boneheads wouldn't think of doing this crap at home. As a matter of fact it would land them in jail. The german society at large seems to be very sensitive to their past, and I am sure the vast majority would be appalled at this kind of behavior. Unfortunatly most americans do feel entitled to foist there nationalism on who ever will listen, and are very oblivius to any kind of criticism. "And I'm proud to be an american where at least I know I'm free". People actualy tear up when the hear this propganda song. With the unelected regime in power in the US I think we are going to have to revise the "free" part a bit. "And I'm proud to be an american where at least I think, well I might be, well I'm sort of kinda, ok ok used to be free". Sorry about the rant hope it stays within the paramiters KS .

Archived