Any Thai mobile plan offer free or discounted SMS?

JJsushi

Looking at a statement I realized that DTAC charges 9bt per SMS. This adds up quickly and considerably if you are a big proponent of SMS.

None of their plans it seems offers SMS or a discounted SMS package.

Does AIS offer lower SMS rates or packages?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can send email via SMS from a DTAC mobile for 3 baht or you can send SMS from abroad to a DTAC mobile for free via the website.

I've posted how to do this on an earlier thread, though the procedure for sending SMS via the website has changed.

Pooh-Ba, sorry you are wrong....AIS has different rate for different countries!!! There is even a brouchure that oyu can get at almost any dealer!

Says KungBoom:

Pooh-Ba, sorry you are wrong....AIS has different rate for different countries!!! There is even a brouchure that oyu can get at almost any dealer!

You could be correct. I should have noted that I was referring to SMS to America. Although if you go to the AIS website they say that all international SMS are 9bt a message and they don't stipulate country specific rates . I guess either the brochure you are looking at or the website I looked at is inaccurate.

From the AIS site:

Service Rate

* 9 Baht per message (excluding VAT)

I posted the link for your reference

http://www.ais900.com/e/public/vas/gsm3_4.shtml

Yes - works fine.

Only one thing may cause some confusion if you don't read Thai; after you click "Send" another screen will open, this is the confirimation screen. One message tells you, in Thai, "Message Sent OK" and the top line of this screen is in Black lettering, if the top line is in Red, the message says "unable to send your message at this time" so you have to try again later.

Paul

Archived