Any Thai mobile plan offer free or discounted SMS?

JJsushi

yep thai sms is bloody expensive :banghead:

9bt for intl. is a bloody rip off & must kill severel of the TG's who send me numerous sms's a day :grinyes:

most euro operators charge much less & no 'surcharge' for intl. :p

to get lower rates I suggest checking out the other thai options than dtac & ais e.g. orange/hallo/thai mobile :dunno:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try Dprompt's email via SMS? Only 3 baht. Once set up, it can be as simple as placing a nickname ie ib13 before writing the message. So, not inconvenient to use.

yeah that was pretty cool in the old days, but it still doesn't solve the intl. 9bt outgoing sms thai dilemma :clown:

send a few long sms a pic sms & before long that's 100bt spent in one day! for that money one could sit almost all day in the internet cafe playing around with emails etc., but the sms's are just so much more convenient & that's why it's great revenue for the operators...

enjoy though :p

It does for me... Friend in Thailand sends me, via her mobile telephone, a text message. But instead of sending it directly to my mobile, she sends it via the DTAC SMS via email service costing three baht. This in turn is sent to my o2.co.uk email address, which in turn forwards the whole message to my mobile telephone wherever I am in the world. Takes a few seconds more than a direct text message. Total cost: 3 baht. Keep up.

I have a dprompt sim currently however, they are using Capcha's not on their web site which means you cannot script the sending of SMSs anymore. I think AIS doesn't but the reason I like this is because I want to be able to SMS my phone with information when I receive new email on my servers account. But DTAC no longer makes that possible because of their use of Capcha's to prevent spammers automating sending SMS thru their web site.

Ok I see. Still I prefer getting sms directly instead of the sms->email->sms longer route as isn't as reliable & you can't reply back but need to know which mobile number to send back too.

Anyways would you happen to know vodafone & O2's mobile email address format e.g. 07xxx xxxxxx@o2.co.uk ???

E.g. TDC's in Denmark are: 40xxxxxx@sms.tdc.dk for all their gsm subscribers, but they frequently doesn't work!

cheers!

;)

New DTAC SMS promotion. Too bad they don't have one for international SMS.

SMS Best Value

Because sometimes.......

Text message can better express your good feeling

more than spoken.

So, DTAC gives you special promotion

To tell your lover how much you care with SMS Best Value.

SMS Best Value has 2 packages:

Package 1

25 SMSs 50 baht / month

(Additional 2 baht / message)

Package 2

65 SMSs 100 baht / month

(Additional 1.50 baht / message)

Apply now at DTAC Call Center, Service Center and DTAC Shops

(Today - 31 Mar. 2003)

For more information, please call

0-2202-7000 or 1800 from DTAC mobile

Conditions:

1. Promotion ends on 31 December 2003.

2. This promotion is only for present DTAC 1800 users and

DTAC 1800 new registered in every packages (except: Dflex for youth, Corporate users, SMEs users).

3. Promotion is for domestic SMS only.

4. Promotion is for Mobile to Mobile SMS only.

Not entirely correct... System is quite reliable. Sender(in Thailand) gets a confirmation that the email is sent. I get the email sent to my mobile generally in seconds. Dtac mobile addresses contain the number of the sender. ie d09*******@mail.dtac.co.th So, of course, you know who has sent you the message.

***@o2.co.uk is the format of o2 addresses. It is not a mobile address, it's is a webmail address with a free email to mobile service.

Archived