Any Thai mobile plan offer free or discounted SMS?

JJsushi

Tirak? Ai told you b4, Ai don't get mixed up with the girls. ::

I used the system myself to send text messages to my assistant in London when I didn't have internet access and paying 3 baht was/is preferable to paying 9 baht.

I suppose if you cannot instruct your 'tirak' on how to set up and use the service it is not a viable alternative.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure? I think I sent something to my Vodaphone the other day... o2 is much better for that sort of thing anyway. Though, unfortunately, from the 1st of april they are reducing the amount of free txt messages you can send monthly from 100 to 10!

One has be use ones imagination in order to work around these things. :)

>I used the system myself to send text messages to my assistant in London when I didn't have internet access and paying 3 baht was/is preferable to paying 9 baht.

If SMSs are being sent from an office that's always on the net, fine.

From home:

5 baht for a phone call to connect

2 baht Internet fee (from home)

Leaves us with 2 bahts savings and questionable transmission.

Then I respond from my mobile at a standard price.

I think something else has to happen to make it more attractive to use. Or mobile operators may have more room to lower their prices.

(I tried AIS Internet SMS suggested in this thread, it did not work).

Now, one and all.

I know I am kineo amk, mak, but....

this whole thing is becoming about sending an SMS between 3 baht and 9 baht.

so if the f***ing 15 cents bothers you, get a life and a message worth sending. :neener: :neener:

Just my view.

I think that both yourself and LaoHuLi have missed the point.

LaoHuLi

The point is that the text messages are being sent FROM Thailand, 9 baht per message for some bar girls is quite a lot of money.

think too mutt

Evidently you have not been thinking enough about this ;)

My post clearly indicates that it is a MOBILE TO EMAIL service. So what has connecting to the internet to do with it?

So, the girl can send a message to your email, using the DTAC SMS TO EMAIL(in exactly the same format as a text message) which is then forwarded to your mobile by your email service.

So the total cost to the sender is 3 baht. A saving of 6 baht per message.

If you have never used or heard of such a service, then it's it understandable that you would find it difficult to grasp.

In addition, the DTAC SMS TO EMAIL service has an email alert service which will allow you to send an email which will be forwarded to the Thai phone. Clear? Any questions?

In summary, it's no more hassle to send than a normal SMS, saves your friend 6 baht per message. Also allows her to communicate with you if you haven't a mobile phone and negates the need for internet access. :p

>In summary, it's no more hassle to send than a normal SMS, saves your friend 6 baht per message. Also allows her to communicate with you if you haven't a mobile phone and negates the need for internet access.

It does not save her a penny, I pay that anyway. Just don't want any excuses that something had failed along the way and the message did not get through.

SMS part of her mobile phone bill is about 20US$ per month. Lowering it down to, say, 14.99 with reduced reliability and lost messages does not sound very good to me.

P.S:

"think_too_mut" does not mean somebody is thinking too mut. Stands for being anxious, worried, nervous... Jasmine told me it was a literraly translated from (Thai) "Kit Maag".

Of course, it's up to you...Though, how did you get from $20 to $14.99? One third of $20 is $6.66 in my book.

Reduced reliability? How have you surmised that, never having used the system?

How many emails have you sent that have not reached their destination? Why, all of a sudden, do you feel that sending an email is so unreliable?

She gets a delivery report confirming it was sent.

Anyway, it's not suitable for all. Works for me. I've not a had message go astray and it allows me, while in Thailand, to send and receive emails without the need for internet access and outside Thailand it allows my friends on DTAC mobiles to stay in contact with me wherever I am while keeping their costs down. I don't pay their bills.

Archived