Fx Controls

Crash999

Does anyone out there know what (if any) limitations there are as far as sending relatively large amounts of money outside Thailand? I'm asking because my contract is under renegotiation and might be changed to a local contract instead of a foreign one. If I begin saving money here in Thailand, I don't want to have any issues sending money outside the country if I move.

On another thread I saw someone mention that there is a law that requires proof that money used to buy a condo is brought in from outside the country. That rings a bell. However, does that mean those of us who earn money here in Thailand can't buy a condo if the money is derived from onshore buiness?

Cheers!

Are you talking about the equivalent value to Thai baht, or actual Thai baht themselves? Thailand is sensitive to removal of their actual currency from Thailand. Igf you wish to remove more than 10,000 baht in hard currency at one time, you need to register with the finance ministry.

Stone Soup

Crash,

I was in the same situation, and here is how I do it.

Set up an SCB (Thai Panit) account, and every month I send out money using their online website for "family suppport". You have to apply once at the bank, then can send out without doing any documentation at the bank.

The condo situation is correct, as a foreigner you must show that the entire amount has come in from "abroad", using the bank forms when the money arrives.

Cheers!

Archived