Stupid question!

bromad1972

[color:"red"] Because of the lack of job opportunities? [/color]

No, kamui, it is for my lack of ability to be fluent in any of those languages.

I find the Scandinavian languages very difficult for my tongue.

Lacking the language ability will land me in situations that I cannot pursue my career, nothing negative about the countries or people, I just know my limits, is there any wrong with knowing myself? :neener:

I was offerred a scholarship to study in France and at that time I could speak French, I turned it down. A male classmate got a scholarship to Germany to study engineer and he went. By the time that we, in the States, graduated for our Bachelor degrees, he still was slaving away on the second year in engineering. He eventually graduated, 2 yrs. behind us and works very well in Bangkok right now.

One has to know oneself. I do have 2 girfriends in Germany now, one of them is a physician and another one who is a graduate from Chula but cannot pursue her career in Germany. She has worked in restuarants for years but now is pursuing translating German novels into Thai. Her German language is good in translating but not in speech (accent) and she is not accepted enough to have a chance of success in her career field. :banghead:

Jasmine :devil:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One has to know oneself. I do have 2 girfriends in Germany now, one of them is a physician and another one who is a graduate from Chula but cannot pursue her career in Germany. She has worked in restuarants for years but now is pursuing translating German novels into Thai. Her German language is good in translating but not in speech (accent) and she is not accepted enough to have a chance of success in her career field.

I fear that the ability to integrate foreigners into the German job market is currently not very well developed. In comparison to other countries it seems that some public institutions prefer to demotivate, even high skilled, foreigners, to work in Germany. But to be fair, especially in the academic field there are reports of a brain drain of German scholars who prefer to work in the US rather than going through the hardships of a academical career in Germany. :banghead:

• 3 weeks later...

Says bromad1972:

Also in one of our chats ( we use Yahoo IM ) she asked me if I told my parents about new daughter in law....was out of the blue like that.

Trying to get a grip on her mindset

Sounds to me like it is time for you to bail out or she is going to have you hook, line and sinker! :neener:

Thaipan

Archived