Stupid question!

bromad1972

Hi,

Well.....I'm surprised that she will meet with you, go directly to Koh Samui, and stay in the same room alone with you. Not typical Thai non-bar girl behavior. I'm meeting one for a few days my next trip, and no way were we going to meet without a few of her friends tagging along. I mean just for lunch, let alone a mini-holiday together.

So, we will travel together, but friends in tow, and separate rooms. It took many, many hours to get to that point.

Having a girl from the net agree to meet, go off with me, and agree to stay in my hotel room, would raise some serious flags for me. If it were me, I'd investigate a little further.

Might be a great experience regardless, but realize you may not be getting the GTG you think you are. In my case, I KNOW she is. Unless I was positive about this, I would not bother. For a bargirl, I'd always just go, and pick out in person. But for me, this (the net) is the only way for me to get to know a GTG, because of time factors for me. I'd be pissed to invest all that time, just to find out I had hooked me a freelancer that I could have obtained off the street in 5 minutes after I got there.

Might want to fish around a little, and ask some questions regarding her feelings about sex, prostitutes, past relationships, etc. Ask enough of the right questions, and you should be able to smell something fishy, if things are not as they appear.

HT

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I have figured this out:

She works at a govt office. This is a proven fact.

She goes to Kasetsart UNI...again proven fact.

She felt me out on my attitude towards the farang sex scene....think she does not much care for it ( surprise surprise ) from our conversation

Lives with family ( I have seen them on cam ) older folks, tyhink it is true

And she said she would no be having sex with me. Good sign I think, she did not want to misrepresent herslef she said

Also I if were to try anything in KS she would cut the soldier off

So that is what I have so far, we do talk every day for hours, and phone calls etc.

Judicious yes, calloused no

Oh yeah, it was her idea about KS, not mine.

Sounds good. Of course, not all Thai's brought up the same way. Some will be more liberal than others, I'm sure. Striking similarities. Kasetsart grad, full time job, lives with family, speak/phone every day,etc. Hope not same girl? :grinyes:

Only thing I would worry about is to establish where you will be willing to go with relationship. We have both agreed neither want a long distance romance. But we also realize that anything can happen. Best advise I can give is to just be totally honest. Worse thing you could do is to lead her on.

And worse that can happen is that you don't like each other, so then simply cut it short. Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed. Mine is a fun girl, good sense of humor, and reasonable command of English language. I'm sure I'll enjoy my time with her, no matter what. Hope you have good luck, also. :)

HT

you know bro, I am not a complicated guy. If when we meet, I like her as much as I do now, What else is there?

Smart, good english skills, family sort...I would be happy going as far as I can. We don't need much in life really. Food, water, air, and a little love.

Bromad,

I think it's strange that a non-bargirl would agree to go to Samui with you having never met you in person... just like HT said, this would certainly raise flags for me.

I was corresponding via the net with a Thai university student who seemed to be quite well off and spoke English very well. She was also well traveled for a Thai... Germany, France, US, Indonesia..... the trip to Indonesia just for fun and a trip to the States for shopping.

I happened to be going to BKK and arranged to meet her. I was really looking forward to seeing her in person. When we met I took her out for an Indian meal, she had never been before.

I really got the impression that she was trying to size me up.... didn't seem too impressed with my financial status.... I fished a little and found out that she had a German boyfriend who was sending her money.

When I realised that she wasn't new to this meeting people on the internet game I lost interest. I went took her for a drink and told her I was tired and was retiring to my hotel room.

When we got to my hotel I said goodbye.. and she just stood there like she was waiting for me to invite her in.... 'It's still early, what am I gonna do now?' she asked.... 'It's your city' I replied, 'you know best! Good night!'

I went to my room and lay on the bed... my phone rang.... I answered 'I'm still outside your hotel' she said, 20 minutes after I left her at the door.

I told her I was going to sleep and hung up. I wanted to go to NP for a beer instead... so I waited another while and expecting to bump into her outside the hotel I sent her an SMS to say that I was going to buy batteries before going to sleep......

I left the hotel and didn't see her... she sent me an SMS, this is at least an hour after I left her... asking which shop I was going to... she was still in the area.

I switched off the phone and went for a couple of beers in NP.

Long winded I know... I just wanted to point out that many of these girls you meet on the net are chatting with several prospective farang BFs. She may be genuine and a little less conservative than the average Thai but I would still be careful.

If you find out that you are one of many how will you feel?

Yea......I do agree.

Just not normal to meet a GTG on Net, and have them agree to 'live' with you for a few days in your hotel room. The key is that "she" suggested going to Koh Samui for a holiday together. Like I said, my limited experience is that a Thai girl would never even think about doing this, unless involved in the sanuk scene, in some form, or another.

If you're looking to get laid, then go for it. But if really looking to hook up with a non-prostitute, then need to research this a little better. Not telling what to do, but this very suspect.

For me, your situation has "freelancer" spelled all over it.

I do hate to burst your bubble, but I would be remiss in not pointing this out to you. There is no mistaking a GTG, when you meet her. :: Yours does just not fit the mold, and raises some very serious questions.

HT

"The key is that "she" suggested going to Koh Samui for a holiday together. Like I said, my limited experience is that a Thai girl would never even think about doing this, unless involved in the sanuk scene, in some form, or another."

I am not so sure of that. A friend of a good friend of mine went with a foreigner to Pattaya. She did it behind her parents back, as she lived in a uni dorm. Later she confessed to her parents.

Now comes the weird part, she wasn't in any relationship with the foreigner and did not end up in one either. It was just a nice fun trip for her. No hanky panky involved.

My reaction to my friend was that the foreigner wasn't too clever, bringing a "GTG" to Pattaya..P127 would disagree I guess! :D

Cheers!

HT,

Just to remind you all that sometimes it DOES work out...... :)

I "met" my GTG last year january on the net, we corresponded daily per mail, chat & phone till I met her in july in BKK, 3 days later we spend 9 days together in Phuket.

We knew before meeting each other that all was going to click, and we were both sure about what we were doing :)

The idea of Phuket grew on us, and started with a week away in 2 rooms, as we progressed ( on the net ) we just decided on 1 room, and yes, we had sex on that first day there ( not in BKK ! )

Since then, I have been in BKK in august, october and over newyear, each and every day was spend together.

( well she left in the morning for work and came back at nite - she works in a bank )

Our plan is for me to move to BKK and live and eventually marry together, I still need to clear stuff in Belgium.

She is now with me in Belgium since 3 weeks on a 90-day visa.

So, yes, it works, but it all depends on each individual.

14 months and going strong !

Cheers !

Archived