China Airlines BKK - AMS

naughtyboy

Seat pitch about 32". No seat back TV's. Good service. Soon, on that route they will be using their Business Class seats as a Premium Economy seat. Their First Class will be like a Upper Class. So I hear.

Just flown with them last week.

They use a 747-400 on the AMS - BKK route, the entertainment is on either bulkhead projected screens or ailse overheads - no seat backs. The service is ok but a little brusque, food is good, seat pitch I am not sure but maybe 33-34" I am 6 foot and it was ok for me. Punctuality was good out and back.

They tend to be quite good cost wise as otherwise no one else will fly with them because of the poor safety record.

One of the main drawbacks witht hem is the connection in AMS, I have been delayed maybe 30% of the time from AMS to the UK. On Wed I was delayed 2 hrs.

Hi Dsab,

normally I always fly with them since besides KLM they were the only ones flying direct between AMS and BKK. Very recently Eva joined them as well.

CI is ok tho, service is fine and had a few occaisonal upgrades. They use Junbo's, 747's. If you fly twice with them within 2 years and are part of their frequent mileage program you can upgrade one way to business.

• 2 weeks later...

I took China on my last trip in October. My only advice is, BYOF (Bring Your Own Food) coz it is a long flight and they don't give ya much. Have fun!

Archived