Patpong - A Positive Review For A Change

Sarisin

Many of you will recall my recent horrible experiences posted here on the 'pong. I had even placed the whole area on Sarisin's Double Secret Probation for 3 months.

Well, I weaseled out of that one and made a visit last night, and, surprise, surprise, had a great night there.

I will mention that I had the usual fun in Cosmos and Goldfinger. The former was just packed with lovely, fun women. They even had a little stage show to liven things up.

Goldfinger will never supply contestants to any beauty contest, but they have actually added a few decent looking ones to their lineup. A mistake? Maybe. But, the bar still has a great party atmosphere and great music to boot.

My friend and I visited Safari and it was just outstanding. One girl was there celebrating her birthday with a dozen others, and most of them were smashed. I don't think I have to tell you what fun this was!

Also, the dancers in Safari are among the best looking I have seen. Many dance wearing pasties, and they have some lovely assets to display, I will tell 'ya. I was inches away from grabbing my wallet to pay a barfine when reality sunk in.

Two other very strange items:

I had a tout shove a card in my face. Typical. Not typical was when I said 'no thanks, I am going to Goldfinger,' and he led me to Goldfinger with a smile.

Also, the first taxi we got into turned the meter on immediately. I was in shock.

We headed over to Thermae and it was a good night there with a nice selection of horny, ready-to-please women.

Back to the 'pong....

I have been down on this place so long, maybe it is changing. I still will steer clear of upstairs bars, King's Group ripoff palaces, and Thigh Bar that is in a ripoff class of its own, but it appears as BaronBonk mentioned, the 'pong might be getting friendlier.

Stay tuned. :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi sarasin,

I think I have told you before Patpong is one of my favourite areas. Yes there are places I avoid there as well in particular Thigh bar, but there are many other places which rate far higher than Nana in my opinion. Pink Panther is one of my favourites along with Goldfinger and Camelot.

Cowboy will always be number one for me, but it closely followed by Patpong, leaving Nana Plaza a distant third. To me there is little atmosphere in Nana which you find in the other 2 areas.

Cheers

farangman

Hi farangman,

Good to hear from you.

Well, I prefer NEP, SC, and then the 'pong.

Patpong was my favorite for 4 years until a series of ripoffs, obnoxious touts, and other lousy experiences soured me on the place. I never had these problems at NEP or SC.

I think the word 'atmosphere' is a little vague to anyone, except maybe an astronaut. I would like to hear your definition of it as it applies to Patpong vs. NEP/SC. If having a tout shove a card in your face adds to the atmosphere, it is all yours my friend.

Goldfinger remains my favorite gogo bar in the 'pong followed by Safari and Kiss (if they could only lose all the kids selling shit in there...). I don't like Camelot at all as I and others have been ripped off there previously. I just really think it is part of the King's Group philosophy of ripping off when they can and then getting confrontational when they are fingered. You can have those bars.

Pink Panther used to be my favorite until they installed the boxing Friday and Saturday nights. I just don't care to see that. I wish they had it one or the other nights and I would go back as they usually have a good lineup of dancers. The problem is trying to see them dance when they have folks whaling away on each other in a boxing ring.

Anyway, I am just so glad to hear that Rififi is not one of your favorites. ::

Two other very strange items:

I had a tout shove a card in my face. Typical. Not typical was when I said 'no thanks, I am going to Goldfinger,' and he led me to Goldfinger with a smile.

Also, the first taxi we got into turned the meter on immediately. I was in shock.

There is only one explanation. They heard about our bad reviews and set up a special Sarasin committee to make your next visit more pleasurable. Have you not seen the touts carrying cards with our photo on it?? :grinyes::neener:

The stick ons, pasties, breast petals, or whatever you want to call them are great! For some reason, leaving just that little bit left to the imagination can be better than wearing nothing at all. I asked why they are suddenly in vogue again and apparently the customer traffic in patpong is way down for the last two weeks and they are using this to try to get more people into the bars.

Was down in the 'Pong last night with my wife. We go there every so often, mostly to Camelot Castle.

IMO it is hard to beat the energy of a place like Camelot. Sometimes we just want to be pumped up like that, with the surging crowd and thumping tunes.

I've never really had any specific problems in Patpong, but then again I really stick to known places (for example Camelot, QC when we want to see a show), which is a tactic that is I agree much more important in the 'Pong than in other nightlife areas.

You comments about Thigh Bar are interesting. Back before it changed hands and was rennovated (about 2 years ago), it was a actually a place with some distinctive charm to it along the lines of Safari -- i.e., just a "good ole' fashioned go-go bar" in what I imagine to be the classic tradition before things like night markets and internet-based bar rating discussions. These days, walking in there is like walking into a King's Group reunion, as much of the management and non-dancing staff is circa 2000 cast-offs from KCI, King's Corner, etc. A bit of a bland reunion tour!

One thing I have noticed lately is that the touts on the Suriwong side of PPI have become more aggressive, I really do NOT appreciate them touching me when asking if I wan' seee choooo suhr.

Says Lord Toad:

It helps when you leave the plastic dog shit behind!

Ah, c'mon, LT, you are still pissed because I put a pile of it on your head when you were holding court in Angelwitch! :p

For the record, I did have a nice bit of it with me and the manager of Goldfinger, known nutball Aood, begged me for it. I was happy to give it to him so he could terrorize future customers of Goldfinger, including you, my friend. :)

Archived