new beer bars next to Clinton Plaza in BKK

Hidy Ho

Just next to Clint Plaza (left if you are facing old Doll House Clinton), beer bars are emerging.

In old days, the place held various small shops selling souvenirs, a small pharmacy (rip-off), an internet cafe, and a massage place in the back.

Many small souvenir shops have sold and beer bars are emerging there. Many of the owners are former Soi 10 owners. People that owns Monica's (on the entrace to the Clinton Plaza), who used to own Montica's in Soi 10, opened new Monica's (currently one pool table soon to have one more), a guy that used to have a tattoo shop in Soi 10 complex opened Thai Tattoo beer bar (very small bar), a couple of more beer bars already open and a couple more in construction.

FYI ...

How far back to the beer bars go? I've noticed the two on the front to Sukhumvit, but didn't realise there are more further behind.

Do you know what they are going to do with site of the old Big Blue and Ambassador Food Court? Is that going to be beer bars do you know?

Cheers

farangman

Until they get the pay bar figures in order, it is doomed IMHO IMHO IMHO....500baht is out of sinc with the principal of a beer bar. Of course, others consider them a place to "drink" beer all day and night.

thanks for the update, time will tell however. I've often wondered if a reasonably priced beer bar would attract customers looking for a girl in Bangkok or if simply overwhelmed by the likes of Soi 7 Beer Garden.

Nok the Kook

The bars in that area will extend all the way back, to where the toilet is, and around the other "hallway." As as I understand, the Ambassador area is supposed to be a food court of sorts, with a "beergarden." I was told by one of the barowners at the previously mentioned area that leases were quite high.

As for the "paybar" problems, I agree, 500bht is a bit steep for a beer bar. I did hit soi 7 beer garden one of my last nights, and found an old regular and her sister there, cheaper beer as I recall, and no bf at all for her or her sister!

damm, you just cost me 500baht. I had a wager with a friend I would be first/promtly be called "just a cheap fucker" for not agreeing to pay "$12.usd"(the ol trick of useing western cost) pay bars...be told I don't understand the overhead expenses, the wages paid the girls, spend $1000.usd on airfare so what the big deal, etc.. I said this first, he bet someone agree, 500baht pay bar out of order for what it is.

The important thing to watch: Sweeping the freelancers off the street and out of places like the Soi 7 Beer Garden and Thermae..at this point, I don't see this happening in Thailand like was done in Angeles City, simply to big a place and of course as i always say "the Thais are in control" and not the foreigners who invest in bars in said country.

good luck today

Nok

I got a girl out of Clinton last year at a beer bar and the bar fine was 500B so depending on the owner they have not increased the price.

For me, that is a ridiculous amount. ( and no she wasnt worth it even on the BF, never mind her fee - all I will say is starfish )

Archived