Giving money - help or hindrance?

camerashy

Whosyourdaddy,

" which car company would finance a girl with no income ? "

if you arrive Chiang Rai airport , turn right at the main road towards Maesai the first Ford/Mazda dealer on the left does.

I know this does not help you right now because no Mia Noi yet, but maybe better file it somewhere :grinyes: .

Bbill

But really, are we helping these girls by giving them money, or are we really preventing them from learning to rely on their own skills and abilities

-----------------------------------

sadly, there is nothing you can do if they don't want to learn or lack the self-confidence to do so. If they want to learn, they will, with your guidance and help. But i think it's separate from the "money sending' thing.

All I can say is that one should not send money to a girl on and on, but only during the time she is waiting for her visa to come to see you. Anything else, you will have very little control over her actions and motivations, and most of all, her environment.

i also think that big or small does not make a big difference in terms of what you talk about (getting lazy or spoiled). For them, it's sand in their hand. very few Bgs are constructive with the money they get. Even the ones who had some good ideas to invest, the family (or someone in the family) will get between her and her money. been proven time and time again. exceptions are few.

proof in the pudding: this G you talk about had a lot of money she could have used a lot better. but she had to get indebted to catch up with the Jones (or be Mrs Jones). Pathetic and pitiful, but more TIT, you can't find.

Every case is different. Some you are helping the girl immensely and others contributing to her demise.

It gets down to her ability to manage money, her smarts and her character.

As to the case you described, she was setting herself up for failure. She doesn't have respect for money and is one of these girls who thinks money grows on trees in foreign lands. I think this couple didn't have a healthy relationship because she was insensity to this guy's feelings or thoughts. For a guy to give a lot of money over time and then stops. This decision develops over time and she was unable to read his discomfort with the situatiion or the lack of her communicating with him. It sounds like they only had a "money" relationship. You give me money and i will like you for your money. She cared for what money can buy and not him per se......

Cardinalblue

Says cardinalblue:

Every case is different. Some you are helping the girl immensely and others contributing to her demise.

It gets down to her ability to manage money, her smarts and her character.

Pretty much sums up my thinking on the matter. I would add that it also takes a sponsors ability to coach and educate the woman in money matters. Implementing simple systems that allow the girl to understand the value of the money are always necessary IMO.

>Pretty much sums up my thinking on the matter. I would add that it also takes a sponsors ability to coach and educate the woman in money matters. Implementing simple systems that allow the girl to understand the value of the money are always necessary IMO.

JJ,

You gave us a great view from 33K feet. That's it, fully agree.

Down, on the ground, it's more than couching.

Pretty much like having a wild teenage daughter and steering her in the right direction.

Myself, have never had children, the age diff between my gf and myself does not warrant that attitude..but still...

Total commitment, that is the only thing that may..or might not...work.

Good stuff for thought. My opinion is, unless there is a very serious plan for the future, money should not be sent. And if, depending on the girl's economic competence, the way the money is spent should be decided together.

Archived