Wanted: Update on SARs Screening at Don Muang

vic2244

Hi,

It took me forever to get my trip planned and then this. I will fly EVA, stopping over at Taiwan for plane change. On the trip back to USA, I am supposed to get back to San Francisco and take another flight to Hawaii.

Will see what happens, now Hubby does not want me to go to Thailand :banghead:

Jasmine

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanukboot,

Thanks for your update. Got more news to share. First of all, The Nation ran another article which says "All Thais arriving from China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam have been ordered to isolate themselves at home for at least two weeks even if they have no symptoms of the deadly pneumonia virus sweeping parts of Asia." that indeed clears up my doubt.

Secondly, latest from Yahoo news here, all tourist arriving BKK from Singapore, China, HK, Vietnam and Taiwan were to wear mask throughout the times they stay in the Kingdom or else they are to face a fine or jail time.

Would keep updating if I hear more. I'm keeping my fingers cross for the meantime.

Vic

[color:"red"] Secondly, latest from Yahoo news here, all tourist arriving BKK from Singapore, China, HK, Vietnam and Taiwan were to wear mask throughout the times they stay in the Kingdom or else they are to face a fine or jail time.

[/color]

So it does not include the transit people who must stop in those places to change planes?

Jasmine

News Link

Was at the airport this morning and I think that they were still digesting the morning news too, rather than implementing policy.

Tourists entering the country with symptoms of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) would be deported immediately.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/SP121220.htm

Never mention a policy of putiing ill people on planes home when they should be in quarintine or hospital doesn't make much sense.

ag

My wife works in the airport and she's been issued with gloves and face masks to wear when in contact with passengers. This house quarantine? Isn't the airport considered a public place? What's to stop other people arriving and infecting other people in the airport? Including staff who work there?

This is all far too muddled. I will be affected as I shall be coming into LOS from Vietnam.

Wearing a face mask at all times? Err...and how, pray, is that going to be enforced? (Mind you it would be an improvement in my case).

Another stress to add to my pile...

Says vic2244:

Secondly, latest from Yahoo news here, all tourist arriving BKK from Singapore, China, HK, Vietnam and Taiwan were to wear mask throughout the times they stay in the Kingdom or else they are to face a fine or jail time.

Vic

I can confirm that it is exactly what reported today in Hong Kong. I wonder who would want to do that in a holiday.

Wearing a face mask at all times? Err...and how, pray, is that going to be enforced?

They will also be handing out scarlet lapel pins that are to be worn at all times. The pin, the letter "s" will be to indicate that you are to be wearing a mask. Another method that is under discussion is a large ball and chain fastened to your passport upon arrival. One can only hope that, which ever methods they eventually adopt, they should need to be at least half as effective as the war on drugs to guarentee success.

ag

Archived