Why do they lie (no really i'm not kidding)??

Plainsdrifter

You talked about your TG was she a BG or if not has she ever been one, I find most Thai girls learn to lie through there mentors be hind the bar, which I think is wrong, because her mentor has had a bad time with westerners she passes that on, non BG lie a little to try to keep you, but they push you away with their lies and they learn this from sisters or friends who have been BG.

In Thailand you need to get use to it, till you find someone you think is honest, no use to keep it going if you live on a lie. My last TG I dropped after Xmas, before we started going out I told her I know the tricks and the lies TG play she was shocked at some of the thinks I told her, but the relationship was good after that but the jealous got in the way, lots of TG will just start talking to me and I would get it when I got home.

So you should look inside of you and see if you want to live a lie or move on but as a TG would say it?s up to you.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather wanted to point out that obviously a big lie doesnt make a thai girl loose face. Why? Here in the western world you are out, if you cheat someone.

"I rather wanted to point out that obviously a big lie doesnt make a thai girl loose face. Why? Here in the western world you are out, if you cheat someone."

This is one of these threads which puts all Thai girls in one basket, or maybe tries to find some traits from Isaan or whatever.

Sure, some Thai girls are born liars. I've seen some of those also. Others are honest and put their pride on that.

Maybe its a case of mixing with the wrong crowd? :dunno:

Cheers!

>>>I rather wanted to point out that obviously a big lie doesnt make a thai girl loose face. Why? Here in the western world you are out, if you cheat someone. <<<

well, but in the western world people still cheat as well, being out or not.

what i tried to point vout was that a lot of what is perceived by people as a lie is in fact a communication error and/or the inability to adapt to another culture.

"But she cannot tell the truth about anything. One can ask her about something and she will flat out lie, when challanged, another lie, when challanged again silence or hang the head. Really it doesn't bother me anymore I just don't believe anything she says."

I laughed my ass off when I read this! I know more then a couple like this. Sometimes they don't just hang their head in silence but say with a big smile "I joking you!" and do it again. I wonder if they lie to their Thai husbands and boyfriends the same way.

But also I've seen them lie to each other about things that don't even matter (ie., not anything related to face).

Says Plainsdrifter:

In my case, I have a pleasant enough time with my regular TG, she always refers to me as her "darling" to everyone she talks to.Been seeing her for almost a year. But she cannot tell the truth about anything. One can ask her about something and she will flat out lie, when challanged, another lie, when challanged again silence or hang the head. Really it doesn't bother me anymore I just don't believe anything she says.

Hi pd,

Exactly the same in my case. I don't know why, but she is just a compulsive liar. I enjoy her company so see no reason to end it because of this - at least I know where I stand.

If I were thinking of a really serious commitment, it would give me a problem though. I suspect a lot of the reason for BG/ex-BG is habits from the bar where they tell the guy what he wants to hear and 99% of the time will never be found out because they will never see him again after the ST. This carries on when they leave the bar - maybe some day it goes away. :dunno:

Khwai

I expect it in the bar scene.

What pisses me off is that it happens in business. With so-called good business people. Thai or Thai-Chinese.

It's incredibly frustrating too. They'll say things which are false. You tell them it's false, you can show them information that what they say is false, and they still swear the sun rises in the west (and I wasn't trying to rub it in).

Basically, if you don't know them, it's show me the money or here's the door.

Yeesh,

<<burp>>

Guest lazyphil

>>>We tend to place value on honesty and integrity. I'm not saying these things aren't on the Thai radar screen, but they are mostly concerned with harmoniousness. <<<

<<not my missus>>

Hahaha, harmony in our house we have mostly. White lies/big lies are not an issue, rows are often and blow over in minutes and are about bullshit!!......I repeat to the people who seem to kop out and accept this harmony based white lie culture, its not obligitory!!!

[color:"red"] silence but say with a big smile "I joking you!" [/color]

Finally, someone met the Thais who lie and then say "Just joking!". In Thai is "Pood Len". I hate this habit for I just don't get it.

Growing up I have met a few and they were mostly females. Remember 1 girl very well who told me she got lice and one day she wanted to borrow my comb and I said "No way you have lice". She just said I was just kidding.

Now I have met some who wanted some attention and told stories and it is not exactly like real lies for it does not concern me. The ones that really irritate me is when a subject is important, anything else, I listen with a grain of salt.

Cheers! ::

Says jasmine:
[color:"red"] silence but say with a big smile "I joking you!" [/color]

Finally, someone met the Thais who lie and then say "Just joking!". In Thai is "Pood Len". I hate this habit for I just don't get it.

My tg does something similar. When she fails to make me believe something that would cause me to do something that would cost me time or usually some money, she hugs me and sniffkiss me telling me that she tries to lie but I know all the lies that she uses so she cannot lie. I usually answer her "If I believed you and spent that money it would have made you happy?" her reply is "I cannot lie to you because you know all my lies so I can't get you to believe me"

She really thinks that she is not really lying because I caught her at it and the lie wasn't successful....very strange thinking...quite frustrating actually.

Archived