Why do they lie (no really i'm not kidding)??

Plainsdrifter

Why do BGs lie to their customers ?

Other than those mentioned above...

Isn't it obvious ?

They still think you are only customers whether you are their ST or LT or even years of knowing them.

Why should they tell EVERYTHING in truth ?

Maybe they have to build a kind of wall in their mind and telling lies to protect their privacy/their true self ?????????

Hey, I'm not a psychatrist but this is my take !

Cheers,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, this in not something "isaanic"

And I wonder how come almost everybody on this board as soon as it comes to something you don`t understand language-wise, culture etc. think it has something to do with Issarn.

There are officially 4 regions in this country and I almost never hear any mentioning of the remaining 3?

Wonder why is that so?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Whilst I dont doubt that there is a cultural aspect to this (loss of face), I suspect it may not be that alone. There is something on SBS tonite which claims that researchers have data indicating that a significantly high proportion of the general population are pathological liars i.e. they have little control over it. They used shots of Bill Clinton as the visual backdrop - aaah, Bill, we knew you were *not* responsbile for *not* having sex with that woman :)

My own experience is that I will 'skirt' the truth to avoid embarrassment . A former work colleague recently speculated on my salary in my new position, and I simply nodded when he mentioned a figure, although I am being paid less than the amount he mentioned, and significantly less than in my previous position. Instead of explaining the reduced cost of living and my desire for greater job security, I allowed him to believe what he wanted to believe. I view this as being different to boldly stating that 'I earn $x !', when I now that x is a completely unknown quantity to my bank manager....

All reasoning aside, if someone cant be honest with me about the things that really *matter*, then I see no point in pursuing a relationship.

Says Falang:

My old time girlfriend doesn't lie to me but she doesn't tell me everything, if I ask the right question I will have the right answer so I think that not all are lying.

I noticed this too. If she does not want to answer she either say, me not like (the question), or she changes the subject.

Says AF16:

Says Falang:

My old time girlfriend doesn't lie to me but she doesn't tell me everything, if I ask the right question I will have the right answer so I think that not all are lying.

I noticed this too. If she does not want to answer she either say, me not like (the question), or she changes the subject.

They are masters at that.

I don't think that Thai women are alone in the lying department it is just that they lie about ridiculous things and things that are very easy to realise that are not true.

Western women are much more sophisticated liars and are much harder to catch out.

Of course men rarely lie...........

I think we are all big liars when it comes down to it.

Who wants to hear the truth all the time anyway?

The truth can be very difficult to stomach.

In a relationship you never really know the other person anyway no matter hnow much time you spend with them.

If you feel good when you are with that person that is good enough for me.

Spare me the truth i prefer the illusion.

I don't think that Thai women are alone in the lying department it is just that they lie about ridiculous things and things that are very easy to realise that are not true.

Could it be that thai women only lie to certain people? Or was I unbelieveable lucky? No thai women ever lied to me, at least not in a way that is easily to detect.

But of course I don't ask questions which they don't want to answer! Why should I press them to make a sin?

And if I ask somewhat they don't like, I respect when they don't want to answer.

Best regards

Archived