Asked for money as she got robbed!

chilli13

Guys it seems the low season brings the worst out in the BG circles so here's what my more than 1 year BG friend told me today:

She wen't out with a few good friends & then a 'friend of a friend working cowboy2' that she only met today went along too. She showed all a good time at the movies restaurents bars etc, but at one point the cowboy2 BG was left behind in her room as she wanted to rest...

Now on coming back to her room the 'new cowboy2 friend' was gone & with her 40k bt, a nokia8310 phone with postpaid SIM & some clothes etc :eek: So she has robbed her gang! The reason such a large amount of cash we're around was she was supposed to go to her village next day to buy some 'stuff' for family, but now she's a bit sad ::

This BG friend of mine is pretty well of as 2 of her older sisters are married to well of Europeans & send her money whatever she need, so far so good...

Anybody else heard of such a unsensitive robbery by a BG from another BG supposedly within her own circles (soi cowboy)?

Seems to me it will hunt her back soon enough unless of course this is just a scam story to finally ask me to help her out :dunno:

She hasn't really asked me to help her out replacing that 40k++ stash of baht, but did indicate she'd be happy to get a new mobile so she could keep in touch easily :p

Appreciate some thoughs on this evil story before I make any drastic decisions on my own :)

Cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opportunities make thieves.

However, I have heard about such things only from Cambodia/ KM-11, where the girls have not so many opportunities to hide their money. I have seen many times, that girls are giving the money to their friends when they go with a customer and never heard about a problem so far. Usually, I got the impression, the bgs are sticked together pretty well and the foreigners are the #1 target.

And with the girl, assuming she has 40 friends on her hand and everybody is helping her with THB 1K....

Yes my assumption has always been we're the target, but if we still are then this is just a new take on the old 'sick buffalo' trick :dunno:

"And with the girl, assuming she has 40 friends on her hand and everybody is helping her with THB 1K.... "

actually one of her friends in the 'gang' recently sold her virginity for exactly 40k, but they may already be spent :drunk:

the other 39(or so) friends have unfortunately been kidnapped & brought to samui by some mean kiwi guys, so she'll probably have to come up with something else at present :banghead:

I'm afraid this thread is already getting a bit less than serious as would be appropriate, but I guess she doesn't lurke on these boards anyway so be it :o

>Anybody else heard of such a unsensitive robbery by a BG from another BG supposedly within her own circles (soi cowboy)?<

Yes. A f\riend of mine who used to work in Princess bar (Asoke plaza), (cute walks with a limp due to a motocy accident) got robbed similar way, out with 'a 'friend' BG, fiend gave her 'medicine' she woke up, money gone, phone gone, bereft.

I think it was true, no effort was made to try restitution from me. I'd been asked for a phone previously, and let her know I don't think she needs one!

Yes, sometimes the more unscrupulous will take advantage of the more naive, anywhere.

"Yes, sometimes the more unscrupulous will take advantage of the more naive, anywhere."

thanks for sharing your story, but I don't see how scrupolus 'friends' working in the same area can get away with robbing 'naive' girls especially not amounts like 40000bt!

I hope this all works out ok or there'll probably be some major 'fights' in SC tonight :dunno:

On 2nd thoughts there might be a few 'extra' uninvited BG's being desperate for the Sheba DC price money :hubba:

A couple of general comments here. First of all, BGs robbing and stealing from other BGs is not all that uncommon. I have had too many BGs tell me the same thing so there is a pattern here. I have learned over the years that BGs view co-workers and others peers in other bars with constant mistrust. They told me they do not view them as friends or people who can be trusted. Some sincere friendships do form but only a couple at best at all if that. Many girls when they leave the scene also leave behind those so-called friendships because they were never permanent frienships from the get go.

I have found decent BGs who i judge as good people tend not to have other BGs as friends. I think they are making the same judgment of others as i have upon them. They quickly recognize bad apples and the scene is embedded with plenty of them. The bad apples are the ones who seem to like and thrive in the BG scene and seem to have make many friends. I don't find this surprising because they have found people similar to them. A red flag in my book.

As to using this line to obtain sympathy from falangs, I just don't see it as a pattern It is probably used by a few, but not in a systematic way by large numbers. I will say stick my neck out here and say i would bet there is a strong correlation between girls who do use this line to obtain sympathy/raise cash and girls who are thieves. But i just don't believe girls use this trick that often so the reverse would have a weak correlation (thieves and the use of this line).

Cardinalblue

Says cardinalblue:

First of all, BGs robbing and stealing from other BGs is not all that uncommon. I have had too many BGs tell me the same thing so there is a pattern here. I have learned over the years that BGs view co-workers and others peers in other bars with constant mistrust. They told me they do not view them as friends or people who can be trusted.

I totally agree with that evaluation. They will have a couple of girls they are close to and traust, but beyong that, they are very wary.

A long time BG aquaintance showed up one day wearing a big gold necklace. I never saw her wear it at work before. She said it was because her cousin, who worked at bar XXXXX is staying with her for a few days and she doesn't know her well enough to trust her.

Okay, the thing that smells funny to me is the phone.

I mean, if it was an old siemens or nokia okay. But a new 8310? Don't you think she'd be wearing that? Just where do they go WITHOUT their phones?

Not saying this couldn't be true, but that one item just doesn't hold weight for me.

<<burp>>

with robbing 'naive' girls especially not amounts like 40000bt!

-------------------

Who carries 40 000bahts or 1000$, to go to party and get merry? But yes, i believe they can carry this amount with them, as they do not give it the value we give it ourselves. The money notion is a very interesting one with these girls, worth a thread or 2. personally, having known so many girls and been with my Gf for 3 years, they still function as poor people, with no sense of uppity. If they have only 200 bahts, that's fine. If it's 20 000, ok, better, can buy more, show off more, but if the 20 000 get lost, not too much tears or rage about it, they'll revert easily to 200 bahts mode, until the next farangs/BFs replete the wallet. One day at a time.... proof is, the cell phone rather than 10 000bahts (or its value) is more important to replace, if you care to help. If I am totally broke, i doubt I will worry about getting a cell phone. As you heard from her, did she talk about catching the thief, or even trying?

I know stories where the girl/thief came back, is so sorry, explaining she had hardships and apologizes profusively. then in a matter of weeks, everyone is friends again. No real principles or sense of sin behind it, or propriety.

Archived