Wednes. 16 April: BBC1 (UK) TV Programme.

carew66

I am back in the UK for a couple of days and watched this tonight with my TGF. I have never been inside the embassy so I found it quite interesting not least of all the British women working there all looked just like I imagined they would !! Think I have seen a couple of the guys in a few of the bars and Little girly kept telling me that she had seen that lady, this lady and that man when she goes in for her visa's!! Not sure if she fully understood that it was a documentary and not a Channel 7 movie !!!

Cheers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vaguely remember the two 'British' embassy officials having Eastern European names.

One of the girls featured in the programme was one of the first girls I met in Pattaya. In fact, she was only one of two Thai girls I spoke to in the whole trip. Only because she spoke english well.

I hope it works out with herself and her beau.

Guest lazyphil

<<It was the TG fixing the old boy's exhaust that cracked me up!!!>>

When I asked my Mrs (in my broken English I've developed over time), 'why you no do this for me', she smiled and through a plastic cup at my head :: :: :: :banghead:...I'm going wrong somewhere :cussing:

Guest lazyphil

What about the pub landlord who had been flying 72 hours too and fro (London/BKK) to obtain documentation for his tg visa and then got refused....ouch :( ..he wasn't a happy bunny!

Yes, he wasn't a happy chap at all. There's got to be some good advice for him somewhere on this board I'm sure. His girl being interviewed wihout him being present seemed to come as a surprise to him. I do hope he gets a result one way or another.

I think that is a series as it was trailing other scenes when it ended. (My favourite was the tie-dyed buffoon: "...and then the police raided Kho San Road and told me that I'd tested positive for drugs. But I've been on these antibiotics y'see...").

I hope the cameras have gone away by now(!) Not that I'm planning a visit to the Embassy or anything.

Singapore Steve - my thoughts exactly. Now you know what happens to female russian shot-putters when they hang up their jockstraps.

What about the pub landlord who had been flying 72 hours too and fro (London/BKK) to obtain documentation for his tg visa and then got refused....ouch ..he wasn't a happy bunny!

Lazy Phil,

If I were in his shoes I would have managed to say the word fuck at least 5 times more than he did.... From what I saw from this programme the Visa system is not so fair. The old geezer could get a visa for his mail order bride and the two of them could not even talk to each other! It was ridiculous.

The pub landlord couldn't get a visa on the grounds that she probably wouldn't want to go back. Here in the Netherlands, lack of funds in the bank, or even when you do not have a job is no problem in getting a tourist visa, as long as you can find someone to function as a guarantee. I had to guarantee for my GF, and that I means I would pay the bill for all costs (including repatriation if necessary). Not ideal as well, but it gave me at least the opportunity to have my GF over without marriage first, so she could see for herself if she could live in the Netherlands.

Seems to me as a Brit you can only get your GF over as your wife. Not good at all....

Cheers,

soongmak

The large woman who went on the prison visits and whose daughter was shown, she is married to a Thai noodle seller. She's from Yorkshire and apparently hates sanukers!

That guy at the start who had been drugged in Patpong, he wasn't very impressive, I thought everyone who got drugged would be glamerous like Rusty.

STH

Hmm, that's the girl I know. Sadly, they didn't know the 'rules' and got refused. To make matters worse, it appears he suffered a motorcycle accident soon afterwards.

I hope he recovers well.

Says valentinoxxx:

Erm, I know one of the girls featured, quite well... Made a bit of a blunder by admitting she wanted to get married.

The one in the tight white skirt? :hubba: She was the most interesting part in the whole program! Though like Carew the TG who fixed the old guys exhaust cracked me up too!

I travel a lot on business and I have never seen such an inept bunch of Brit arse holes in my life!

What about the loser from Wolverhampton who stole a suit case and then, when in jail, stole a prison officers phone?! :doah:

The Consular Section staff don't half have their work cut out dealing with these people! It amazes me that these idiots have the mental competence to get out of Britain let alone get into LOS!

What about the guy who over stayed his visa by 16 bloody months for Gods sake and surprise, surprise he has now had his stay legally extended not to mention free of charge courtesy of HRH the King!

I thought the most depressing part about the whole program was that there was not a single mention about Brits who have gone to live in LOS and made a success of it! A real missed opportunity, however I don't suppose that would have made "good"TV for the masses! :eek:

Thaipan

Archived