Wednes. 16 April: BBC1 (UK) TV Programme.

carew66

Says SOONGMAK:

Here in the Netherlands, lack of funds in the bank, or even when you do not have a job is no problem in getting a tourist visa, as long as you can find someone to function as a guarantee. I had to guarantee for my GF, and that I means I would pay the bill for all costs (including repatriation if necessary). Not ideal as well, but it gave me at least the opportunity to have my GF over without marriage first, so she could see for herself if she could live in the Netherlands.

Soongmak,

Yep, same applies for all Schengen countries :)

Cheers !

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

He told of his paper work, he should realise it matters not a thing even if he was a duke living in a stately home, for a tourist visa the girl is under the microscope, not the guys ability to take care of her. I felt sorry for him and I hope he's ok now.

I just looked at the tape again. Yes, that's her.

She's Thai/Chinese.

She really wanted to get out of the Pattaya scene. She knows it's no good for her.

Looking at the tape again, I feel really sorry for them.

Indeed, the very effort he made may have counted against him. Hardly made it seem like she was just going to be visiting.

I'm in the middle of helping another girl I met there to get out of the bar scene and back to a small business within her family.

I really hope it works out. I'll keep you posted.

That girl in the tight white skirt was a sight to be hold, I felt so sorry for that guy. It seems that the UK welcomes Arab terrorists, nasty benefit cheats from the sub continent and eastern european mafia types but not some little Thai girl supported by her partner.... and who says there's not a fat farang woman conspiracy!

STH

She seemed a nice enough girl. Told me her real name from the start and about her life before. Though I think she got a little confused about why I was there.(Why I didn't go with the BG's and how I could afford not to work)

I might send her an email to tell her that everyone who saw the programme wishes her good luck.

I agree - she shot herself in the foot there.

Obviously they hadn't discussed marriage.

She was getting her speak in early unknown to him.

When he got her home and she told him what had happened and what she said about marriage I'd say she was back on the street that night.

Archived