Conrad Hotel Bangkok.

Oscar

Do you take mulitple BG's (differant ones every night) and does this make a differance to hotel staff? Also how far away from main road of Sukhumvit is the hotel? Also is it better to make reservation directly through hotel website or go through a travel agent?

go through their website www.conradbangkok.com to get thier promo rate of $US87.00 plus taxes. You won't get that at a travel agent. Hate to think what thier rack rate is.

Its not on Sukkumvit road, its on wireless road or basically the next BTS stop down from Nana. Phom Phen or something similar. 3-4 mins in Cab from Nana and 6-7 mins in a cab to Nana because they have to use the ringroad down past the Hilton Hotel.

Driving back to my house in Bangkok I heard on the radio there was a special of 2880 Baht per night at the Conrad. 30-40 % cheaper than what you were getting and maybe worthwhile checking out.

Sanukboot

Says mackey144:

Do you take mulitple BG's (differant ones every night) and does this make a differance to hotel staff? Also how far away from main road of Sukhumvit is the hotel? Also is it better to make reservation directly through hotel website or go through a travel agent?

I stayed one day and one night and only had a single BG with me. I am sure a trained security guard would have assumed through the use of profiling she was a BG instead of my wife.

The hotel is actually a few yards from the US Embassy.

I made the reservation online with Hilton same day as I was in a hurry. A couple of local travel agents I contacted did not have a contract with the hotel or had not even heard of it.

Says SanukBoot:

Driving back to my house in Bangkok I heard on the radio there was a special of 2880 Baht per night at the Conrad. 30-40 % cheaper than what you were getting and maybe worthwhile checking out.

Sanukboot

Was that inclusive of all taxes? Was that a Thai only rate or could it be used by foreigners. The rate you heard is about US$67. The online rate from Hilton is $87 and with taxes comes to $110.

I reported last week about that cheaper rate which was a near full page advertisment in the BKK Post, but as reported it is for locals only, free use of pool and spa and incl two x breakfast and was tax inclusive.

Says buffalo_bill:

Oscar,

if that with the squeeking elephant is really true I'll give it a thought. Bbill

Dunno if I would stay there just on the strength of a rubber Elephant but hey, whatever floats your boat :D. Had a great weekend up there, the service just gets better, got upgraded to a corner room, but would have been just as happy in a standard one to be honest. Give the Aussie rib fillet room service a spin for about 450 baht, outstanding. And yes there seems to be some rort on if you can prove your a resident, two Pattaya expats there at the same time scored their rooms for about 2800 a night, will have to chase this up next time when booking.

Oscar.

Archived