Money Balls ? Pros and Cons

Palatkik

Noticed a new gimmick in one or two bars in Pattaya called Money Balls. The punter pays 20B per ping pong ball which they can throw on stage to the girls. The girl who gets the ball gets 20B. It can cause quite a scramble when a whole bunch of balls get lobbed on and off stage.

Perhaps I wasn?t tanked up enough on booze, but really the game had no appeal to me. Seemed like just throwing money at the girls to scramble for on the floor in a distasteful way. Still the girls seemed to get quiet excited at times and perhaps didn?t see the gimmick as offensive. I did talk to one lady about it, who seemed to think it was rather tacky. She still pocketed more than 20B for services rendered otherwise though!

It?s a bar organized gimmick, so I guess it will be around for a while to come, and though I don?t plan throwing any balls myself, I will still be enjoying the other attractions.

Cheers

This is the same stunt that used to be practiced in the Philippines, save for the substitution of balls in lieu of Thai cash which cannot be shown disrespect as it bears His Majesty's image.

It was a dehumanizing practice there and is no less so here and I urge everyone to refrain from indulging in this.

I suppose 20 baht notes don't bounce as well.

Just another 'bit of fun' designed to extract a bit more money.

Searching for that well oiled punter with money burning a hole in his pocket.

I will stick to the couple of lady drinks and a direct 'tip' for the one on one amusement. :sleeping:

"...It was a dehumanizing practice there and is no less so here and I urge everyone to refrain from indulging in this...."

I agree. I was in The Classroom a gogo a few years back, and they had some sort of raffle type thing, you bought a chance, and could win BFs, drinks, lady's drinks tips for the girls etc...that seemed o.k. but this sort of thing (throwing "money") is demeaning, and should not be encouraged...

I don't like the money balls thing at all, but when you think about it, is it REALLY that much more demeaning than dancing near naked, nude, or topless in front of lecherous men? Especially in a country where modesty and shyness are the norm. To be honest, most things that go on in bars/gogos are demeaning to the girls. Its only the level of 'demeaning-ness' that changes. Just a thought.

:dunno:

STH,

I'd normally agree with this, but I have seen guys act like assholes with these money balls/money tips (in USA bars as well), trying to hit the girl's heads etc... As for the BF/sex system, you have a point, but as the other poster said, one is private, one is public. I don't see why you just can't hand the girls the 20bht tip instead of throwing it at them...

If you are reading this tread and don't know it is Happy and Peppermint Go-Gos (both owned by the same person) that feature the money balls. Most of the girls in Happy did not seem to be into it and it did have a distasteful feel. At peppermint they were diving and scrambling for them. At peppermint they seemed to just take it as a game among their friends to be the first to grab the ball and to me not at all objectionable.

Take care,

Pass

Archived