When your friend becomes a bar girl...

Fidel

ABC,

Here's a cheery story from my hometown.

My nephew grew up with a loving, supportive family, surrounded by kids from similar loving, supportive families. His cousin, a lovely young girl with everything to live for, and his next door neighbour, were both roughly the same age, and they regularly mixed at school and social events. Eventually, all 3 moved to the coast to sample the 'action' that simply doesnt exist in small town Oz.

Both cousin and neighbour suicided in their early twenties, and my nephew had a go at hanging himself shortly after his cousin died, the apparent result of a breakup with a girl. He's back with my sister now, and seems to be keeping it together.

Drugs were involved in all 3 cases, but none of these 20-somethings were in the position where they were forced to sell themselves to survive. I have no doubt that life in a bar is mentally tough, and I wouldnt swap for a moment, but some people are simply not as strong as others. You can surrender to the situation which life has placed you in, or you can fight back - people surivived Auschwitz, Dachau and Buchenwald : I think its possible to survive Pattaya.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

artiew,

I see your point. Some people survive drugs and others don't.

However, I was trying to point out that drugs (alchohol included) adds a major risk to those working in the farang barscene. While it's optional and voluntary, most who know the scene should know it is very prevalent and there is a major pressure for the girls to use them. Among other reasons such as peer pressure, most of the girls find it hard to handle the prostitution portion of their work without something to help them deal with it. That something is often drugs.

ABC

very valid point exactly.

but consider LOS is where one for the first time sees miserable lifes being led then it's easy to feel highly symptatic.

now if however you've been to some real poor 3rd world countries & not just in western hotels, but actually out where the people lives or even in the poorer parts of developed world countries then LOS feels almost like paradise for the BG's IMO :eek:

Are there any BG who don't consume drugs?!? (alcohol and smoking included, you should know me ::)

Most girls new in the scene don't consume any drugs, but given that most peers and most customers do consume drugs it must be hard for them to not give in. Actually if there will is strong enough not to give in, they wouldn't be a BG, would they?

So does somebody knew a bargirl working for over a year and which doesn't consume drugs?

Best regards

again very good point, but a bit sure if by 'drugs' now you include alcohol & fags? if so I can't say I know many but a very few :o

but surpricingly I do know severel who only on occasion smoke & drink & on very rare special occasion would smoke a bit of ganja or part take in a yabaa/e spree...

So my result is I know of only 1 BG who to my knowledge never do drugs nor do other than a very odd limited alcohold intake, but smoke like a chimney & sleep with many men :eek:

but a bit sure if by 'drugs' now you include alcohol & fags?

I should differenciate a little bit: I wanted to say that to my knowledge most bgs are addicted. If one drinks or smokes only occasionally or even takes other drugs only on an occasionally basis then we could them include in the group of bgs which aren't addicted. But I wonder if you can really consume drugs only occasionally?!? (I won't try it ::)

sleep with many men

Hmm, I don't see any problem with this if she uses condoms. After all sex is good for health ::

From my limited experience I conclude that most bgs are a little bit self-destructive.

Best regards

Archived