700 baht airfare surcharge?

I've been pricing a one-way international ticket out of Bkk and the agents are saying there's a 700 baht security surcharge related to 9-11 or something. Is this real or a scam? This is in addition to the airport departure tax.

Says kwazywabbit:

I've been pricing a one-way international ticket out of Bkk and the agents are saying there's a 700 baht security surcharge related to 9-11 or something. Is this real or a scam? This is in addition to the airport departure tax.

Depending on the airline you use the security surcharge varies btw US$ 5 and US$ 10. I've never heard of a security surcharge higher than US$ 10,-.

the online brookers I'm aware of adds a surcharge called Airline Failure Insurance ranging from 2-4GBP depending on brooker.

e.g. ebookers charge only 2, but then they charge 5 for delivery & 1.5% CC surcharge(1 discount on debit/charge cards though), while e.g. airline network charge 4 insurance, but no CC surcharge or delivery charge so ends up the better deal :eek:

so you suspect trailfinders are the better deal then?

in any case I'll know later on today as I'll purchase my tickets then :dunno:

anyways someother guy mentioned getting a 340GBP BA deal on bridgetheworld travels - sounds to good to be true unless it's before taxes/surcharges etc! :bow:

Sounds right. When I went to singapore last year I was charged that.. They said it was a war tax. I complained I live in thailand and am canadian and as far as I know we are not at war and why should I have to pay a war tax since GWB wants to go to war. Fell on deaf ears of course but felt good.

What he said was that it was 340 if bought in conjunction with a hotel booking.

The cheapest is the 380 direct flight deal with ebookers. :banghead:

Bear in mind the days on which EVA flys.

If there are any seats left now.

Archived