Coolest fabric for the hot weather

Yeah, what I really like is on one side the pocket has a zippered pocket inside the regular pocket. My Thai GF really thinks the shirts are handsome, even when I wear them!

I paid dearly for my first one and got 3 more at my neighbors rummage sale, new for $5 each! All different colors! :grinyes:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I was not aware of that! I will have to venture to the REI store near Convoy St. are take a look.

BTW, what carrier do you normally use for your trips to LOS?

Regards

BKK22 -

Says BKK22:

BTW, what carrier do you normally use for your trips to LOS?

Regards

BKK22 -

Eva, NW, United, Thai, Singapore. In that order. Eva now my favorite, esp since they improved their FF program. Like the arrival and departure times too.

You?

Mostly Cathay Pacific because of the arrival times. But now, because of the SARS problem I am a little reluctant.

Regards

BKK22 -

I've been wear Rohan (www.rohan.co.uk) clothes for many years for both leisure activities and travel. Extremely practical and lightweight and hard-wearing, though a tad expensive. In recent years, they seemed to have move away from the more technical clothing in an attempt to broaden their market, I suspect.

The newer microfibers wick moisture well and the evaporation keeps you cool

[color:"blue"]

I played golf in Nike Dri-Fit shirt in LOS (the real thing) and swear by 'em.

Outside, I still look like a web fat sloppy non-Thai that I am but feels much on my skin than just 100% cotton shirt.

It's not cheap stuff so I've been hesitant to buy any in LOS (as I've seen fake ones in Pattaya). When I go back to USA, I'm gonna buy me a load of 'em for this year.

[/color]

I agree with Jazz - not only Nike but some other brands as well have picked up on idea from last year in golf shirts that supposedly evaporate sweat by bringing it to surface - I could definitely tell difference and may buy a few more before my next trip. Here in US you can get cheap at Kohls.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget silk. 100% cotton I find is best. I have yet to find a synthetic fabric (in BKK) that is cooler than cotton, I wish I could! ::

The last time I was in the States, I picked up a special shirt for the tropics from L.L. Bean. I think it cost about $50. ... it even came with an SPF protection warranty, as long as it was not ironed ... my wife ironed it the first time she washed it ... still a nice, cool shirt, although the Mrs. thinks it looks like Kao Sahn Road! :rolleyes: ... and, my shoulders burn pretty quick when in the sun. I've always liked their money back guarantee; but, will they reimburse me for shipping an item to be returned from Thailand? :dunno:

Archived