Coolest fabric for the hot weather

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget about silk (BTW, most 'Thai silk? consists primarily of rayon), not only will you sweat like a pig in a slaughter house while wearing it (as it doesn?t breath) the stuff also requires dry cleaning and wrinkles badly.

THIN cotton would be a better choice as it wicks moisture. But the best shirt fabric for hot humid weather IMO is the thin, loosely woven, synthetic material found in athletic pullovers. Brands like Puma, Nike and Adidas offer all kinds of these and in addition to beating the heat, the stuff is wash and wear, resists wrinkling and takes up virtually zero space in your suitcase.

Works for me, although some guys don?t get it and often elbow me on my sporty attire? while I remain cool calm and collected :: they are often drenched in perspiration :neener:

It's one of the secrets of my success with the dollies :grinyes: as the ladies seem to prefer me to a bunch of sweaty guys!

ST

Can't agree here. The newer microfibers wick moisture well and the evaporation keeps you cool. Like exofficio shirts and pants. They are 85% nylon and 15% polyester, but feel much cooler than cotton, silk or linen. Very quick drying, have large vent panels won't wrinkle. But other similar fibers will cook you like a roasting bag. How do yoy tell the difference other than anme brands that are not cheap at all? :dunno:

Just my opinion.

The newer microfibers wick moisture well and the evaporation keeps you cool
Must be a different Thailand than the one I live in. :: There IS no evaporation at 100% humidity! The only place you are going to get that is within air conditioned places where you should not be subject to much sweat. But agree silk is not the answer. It will be wet really fast.

Says lopburi3:

There IS no evaporation at 100% humidity!

Good point, esp as it cools a bit in the evening and dew point hits. No relief. But I was surprised at Dream World, when I got soaked on a ride at mid day, I dried of quickly even tho it felt humid to me.

rovineye,

I was checking out Exofficio's website, and I think I will try the lightest weight shirts they have. They are vented with secure pockets, and sound like the would be cool enough. Cotton/poly blend I believe, but not cheap though.

Regards

BKK22 -

Archived