Road rules..??

Your girlfriend is shouting, "reep pai, reep pai, reh-oh reh-oh duay" ("What the fuck are you doing slowing down? Punch it.")

Now this is classic and probably the only course of action that makes sense, if it's acceptable to screw the farang in their culture then self preservation is your only morale obligation.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prob is Pete, a car isn't freedom here its a bloody anchor. STuck in traffic, hard to park. As you know I have a 4 door pickup but it gets used 1 or twice a month. Taxi, sky train, motorcycles, walk, its all preferable to being stuck in a tin box. Now that we have the small boss in the family for trips upcountry I use the pickup, (previously Mum and I used a bike.) Go up country, bike on the back, unload at destination and take off by myself, that my freind is real freedom. It would make more sense for me financially, to just rent a box when you need it.

Dunno whether your questions been answered or not:

Yes you can drive through the T intersections, but not all, you need to work out which ones :)hehe. Most on Sukhumvit you drive through, left lane only, some out in the country the same.

USe your emergency flashers for going staright through a cross road intersection, so people know you are going straight.

Use same flashers for reversing in carparks etc.

Guards whistles get higher pitched the closer you come to imovable objects, unless he doesnt like you :)

Motorcycles are only allowed to use the left lane for some cops, the two left lanes for others, and no lane at all if they can catch you, for the cops who have run out of money that week.

You can turn left at any time when the sign is displayed, this is of course no problem to you as you can read it :)

someone flashing their lights at you as they approach usually means they are not going to stop regardless, so take heed with this one and don't turn in front of them.

Noone I know ever flashes to warn for police in Thailand, what would be the point?

I am sure there are a shitload more things I can think of that I do subconciously these days out on the roads, they will come to me.... hehe

'There are always two sides to the story'

being dyslexic I am used to seeing the other side...

Archived