Any sanuk in Siem Reip...

contemplating heading to Siem Reip to check out Ankor Wat. Was wondering if there was any sanuk in the area worth checking out. :hubba: :hubba: :hubba: ::

There is of course some to be had a la "cambodia style" (which I personally deem almost completely worthless - but each to his own). Search the archives on this web site. The topic has been brought up here at least once as I can remember off hand...

However, going to Siem Riep "sanuk" should never be first on the priority list :hubba:

Martinis in SR is not the same as the one in PP. There are girls however. It's dark and a little loud.

Don't go to SR for sanuk. If you find some while you're there, that's great. Low expectations are recommended.

Angkor is great however. And I liked the Zanzybar (but not for the ladies).

• 2 weeks later...

supposedly the best spot is a massage/brothel place on a side street off the road that goes out to the airport, just south of that road (Hwy6?) a few shopfronts on the west side of the street, inside a gate. Asking price was $15 boom, $15 yum, for westerners at least - -and they bargain tough. There's a few other similar places scattered around town where the girls are somewhat less attractive, but cheaper. Best way to do it is to tell a motorbike driver to show you around to all the spots, and keep rejecting each one he shows you until he can't think of any more. ;-) There's one big massage place near the old market (Sohkeng?) -- careful there. They will bait and switch you and say the massage is $5-10 or so, and yes you can have sex -- but then afterwards they let you know that oh yeah the sex part was another $20, and that you should have asked the girl the price first (the girl obviously speaks no english, so you would have needed the forethought not only to ask her, but also to learn Khmer first).

The discos there are just too difficult -- lights so dim you can't even hope to see what a girl looks like. The Martinis there is nothing like the one in PP -- it's a locals disco, mainly. Doesn't cater primarily to westerners.

I saw a few cute girls in SR though, but PP and Sihanoukville were far better and more reasonable pricewise.

It's already been said, but don't go to Siem Reap for Sanuk. It?s available, but much more expensive than PP and the girls are not nearly as much fun.

I have a taxi driver in PP that I have used for many years. He is from Siem Reap and we drove up one time. He and his brother took me to all of the spots - massage places, small clubs, restaurants (Martini) and a big (even by Bangkok standards) fishbowl.

Best places were the massage parlor (25+ girls) and the big fishbowl (50+ girls), but LT at my hotel was $40 to $60. I can't tell you the names of the places, but your taxi driver will know. Many pretty girls, but performance and enthusiasm were very poor. No BBBJ and very passive. Part of the problem was the girls did not speak any English, unlike most of them in PP.

Have fun sightseeing, but don?t expect a lot from your nighttime companions.

Archived