Was That Herpes!!??

drlove

People who give detailed and very knowledgable-sounding medical advice really should also add a note about what their qualifications are. Are you an MD?....that would greatly add to the interpretation of your post. Or are you just an educated layman. I often read threads on the web where someone gives advice, then someone responds with thanks for the great info., and then i wonder....how the hell does this responder know that he was just given great info.? (Not that being an MD guarantees great info., but it ....helps.

"People who give detailed and very knowledgable-sounding medical advice really should also add a note about what their qualifications are. Are you an MD?...."

Bloody hell, this is not the British docs forum. Do you think people ask for advice here and expect professional, MD advice :o

They ask for peoples experiences and its no need to bash posters when they reply. As with all posts, you have to use your brains when you consider them.

Cheers!

and then i wonder....how the hell does this responder know that he was just given great info.?

[color:"blue"]

IMHO, it's not wise for a person to rely on internet data as sole/main source of information (or self-treatment) on serious medical condition (and I would have herpes is serious).

[/color]

I definitely agree with your primary care physicain.

A daily regimen of acyclovir is usually considered

when outbreaks are too common. There is some medical

standard in the States, something like 3 or more 'outbreaks'

happening at 5-6 week intervals ... don't remember the exact

figure, but your doctor should know.

BTW, some people only experience a single outbreak, others

many, and for some, no symptoms at all ... and the lesions are not confined to the penis and the area around the base as most people incorrectly assume ... in other words, there is no guarantee that you will not get herpes by using a condom! Yes, it's true ... a gal can carry and transmit the virus from her inner thighs ... you'd need a pretty big piece of serious rubber to really protect yourself. Remember, in the States, one out of every five people has the virus ... the odds are better in Russian Roulette!

Archived