Carewsing in Bangkok - May 2003

carew66

So - here I am again. Pattaya. Pattaya - Pattaya So good they named it...Pattaya

---------------------------------

Damn, you could have given me a ring or a quick e-mail, i was still in town then, just back from Ubon, and until the 20th. yep, 6 months in the LOS, and still in one piece...I don't understand!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh bugger 'H'... I had no idea you were in Pattaya when I was there. I even wondered about this before I got out there (I was in Vietnam just before) and I was thinking about getting hold of you. The thing was that around March you seemed to disappear off the radar and the board completely. When I did see a post I was convinced that you were Stateside. 100%. As a result I didn't want to hassle you and be a pain.

I really did have a good time as well. Most afternoons I was mooching about, shopping, eating - not too much drinking, in fact never before 5pm - and I was missing a normal farang to talk to. My wingman was usually out and about with his tilac and I left him to it.

Still, I have much more time in hand this coming Christmas. All booked and paid for.

This year's gathering of the clans will make the Scouts' jamboree of last Christmas look like a tea party!

I know you're pretty much guaranteed to be in LOS at Christmas. I mean - who could handle Christmas in farangland after experiencing the LOS version (which is as far as I am concerned just as I like it - no repeats of The Great Escape and Home Alone and some lass in a palace clogging up the TV).

Got into some different music on this trip as well. A lot of late 60's / early 70's stuff (courtesy of Statesman's complilation CD's).

On the train from Saigon to Hue with VU 'Run, Run, Run' in my lugholes. Country Joe MacDonald and the Fish ("Gimme an F") It was the dogs bollocks. I get talking to a guy from SA and he says 'try this'. No - not a dodgy ciggie but some bloke called 'Rodriguez'. Fucking top album. I'd never come across this dude before so I looked him up on the net. 'Sugarman' is a top track. I also worked out how it was that it was a South African that turned me onto it. (Apparently popular with their servicemen in a kind of parallel Viet syndrome 'peace' kinda way).

Also - overdosed on Creedence Clearwater Revival (and loved it). Does this entitle me to a free drink in Biergarten from the management?

Please be around at Christmas mon ami. I promise I won't phone you at 2 in the morning from a dodgy bar this time!!

no repeats of The Great Escape

I have heard rumour the a certain Mr Sileakhunt will be on the team at xmas and in this case there could well be a repeat of the Great escape but this time it will be from Bang Kwang(Bkk Hilton)prison :grinyes:!

• 1 month later...

Archived