Carewsing in Bangkok - May 2003

carew66

I'd just like to observe that I seriously object to the term "newbie". After all, I was sanuking in various parts of the world when Carew was sitting in his diapers in front of the telly sucking on a rusk and watching 'Watch with Mother'. ::

Haviong said that, in my day, there was no such thing as an Expressway, a Skytrain nor an NBK. However, in them days, my children, there was only Patpong and the Grace!! :sleeping:

Oh well, sorry to bore you all, but there ya go. Still nothing much changes - you get less for your Baht - 2000 for an all nighter!! Outrageous!! Whatever happened to the 500 all nighter and the 250 ST?? Bloody inflation will be the death of me. On the bright side, a BBBJ was unheard of in my day, you got your basic mish and that was that. Still, it was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed meeting RedBaron and ChrisG, though it would have been nice if Red had bought me at least one beer - bloody cheap charlie!!!

:: :: :: :neener: :neener:

I'll post more of my perspectives on the trip when I've fought off the jet lag

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statesman - please! I think I said something along the lines of 'as near a newbie as you can get' which was a nod to your previous form in the LOS. Didn't want anything that might help identify you (or I) otherwise we'd have been signing autographs too mutt!

As it was I was getting paranoid at HCMC because of all the camera gear. I could really have used a c/board as well - now Gadget Man and I are going to have to mark in and mark out as we go along. I think that former Lieut. North's wee friend thought something was up what with all the background stuff, long shots of you two walking the runway, the pieces to camera and the interview. Did you check him preening his hair between takes?? What a performer :)

At least you had a lucky escape from 'Dean Martin' and his endless conspiracy theories in Bangkok. Jeez!

STH - on a scale of 1 to 10....about 55 million. Stratospherically pissed off right now.

:banghead:

LOL - happy to be home as well, huh?

Did I tell you about tapeworm? Had 10 e-mails from her already - apparently, she's never going to work ever again, but I was her first customer anyway, oh, and her mother's waterbuffalo is seriously ill and could I send her some money. On the bright side, she's had 11 meals today. Go figure :) ::

I miss her as well.

It was dead easy - 'You no eat falang foo....you eat Thai foo', as she shoved another plateload of deep fried chicken kneecaps in front of me.....I was only allowed my fatboys breakfast because I threatened to puke if she made me eat rice soup. On the bright side, I lost a stone and a bit on that trip, so maybe she did have a point.

Anyone know where I can buy deep-fried grasshoppers in London? :grinyes:

Archived