Carewsing in Bangkok - May 2003

carew66

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck*** hell spirit, there was no need for measures that drastic.

The sad thing about it all, is that poor old Jeffrey is nothing more than a cab driver now - and as for zippy well....... :hubba: he is now chief fly designer for some fake levis jean manufacturer in nakhon si thammarat (well so I've been led to believe).. :grinyes:

I shall treat your last comment Red with the contempt that it deserves...! (38 as a matter of fact dude).

What?s with the Rainbow thread all of a sudden? You can download the full version of the theme tune from TV Cream by the way. It?s a bit ?Age of Aquarius though.

Got back to Bangkok yesterday. The cab driver did a brisk 300 miles an hour back to Soi 4. The traffic was suspiciously light. On arrival it was apparent why this was so. Bangkok was virtually closed. Buddhas Day or something. Tapeworm must have known about this (not that I?m blaming her or anything ? I should have done my own research) as she had talked about getting up at 6am to go to a temple when she was in Pattaya. Of course it would suit her that all the nightlife places were shut as it meant that Statesman couldn?t rush off to any urgent ?meetings?with yours truly.

It doesn?t half look strange when the bars are all closed. It could have been anywhere. Statesman and I dodged the tumbleweeds and checked out what might be open. It wasn?t looking too good. I insisted on strolling along Soi 7, though without much enthusiasm, and found that Biergarten was open as usual and it was selling alcohol. Even though we weren?t really geared up for a session we stopped in there for a good hour just shooting the shit and checking the ladies.

After a wash and brush up I returned to Biergarten at 7pm and it looked as though the Sally Army Shock Troops had attacked it. No beer! Few girls. A dearth of falang. The place was as dead as a doornail. Another coffee anyone? I was seriously pissed off that we had returned from Pattaya when we had. Fuck! I could be stretched out by the swimming pool at the Residence with the lovely Tinky-Winky (as in Teletubby of the same name ? on account of her saying ?again, again? all the bloody time). :(

I took a stroll up the road to Thermae at about 9pm, an impossibly early hour under normal circumstances but things were looking desperate. No go, there was a chain across the entrance steps and the security guard confirmed that there was not going to be any fun to be had down in the depths at any time that night. :(:(:(

Then, a result, as Soi Cowboy was fully open and selling alcohol and basically being Soi Cowboy. So a few go-gos were visited but they don?t do it for me at all. To do this Soi justice I have to have Kipster100 with me. Sad but true. It?s an ESP thing. We both know instantly whether to stay or go. :: ::

For company we had gained a newbie in town who was a bit too pissed for my liking. He was a nice enough chap except that every time a record came on that he knew he would insist on telling you that he knew it, then asking me if I knew it and then to cap it all he would then sing it at me whilst I did the smirk usually reserved for half-wit relatives at wedding receptions that you don?t want to offend. A very uncomfortable experience. (?Yes mate ? it?s Pink Floyd. Yes, I remember it. It?s ?education? I think, not ? fedulation? or whatever you think the word is. Now please fuck off singing in my face?) :: :: ::

Gullivers ? I thought I might be in with a chance there as it could be classed as a restaurant and might have got in under the wire. Lets get a cab eh? :(

The cabbie said ?Why you wanna go Soi 5?? I said, ?Because that is my destination? Cabbie then proceeds to showing me the bullshit goldfish bowl pamphlet that they all seem to have in place of a driving licence. Er?no mate. Soi 5. ::

On the trip down to Soi 5 Matey was in the back singing Lynrd Skynrd?s ?Sweet Bone of My Mama?. This was shaping up into a seriously shit night out. :(

After all that Gullivers was shut. :( :(

Shit.

I reckoned on going to Plan C in that case. There was no Plan C though so Plan A. (3) Para.7 came into being. ?Hey. Fancy a coffee in the Biergarten?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The Biergarten was still like a funeral parlour but I wasn?t schlepping all the way back to Soi Cowboy with Dean Martin. Luckily for me ?S? spotted me and my wallet and came over for a chat (as they do). Now I have a soft and hard spot for ?S? and I was genuinely glad to see her again. We left to the strains of Matey boy serenading us, ?There?s a Ban Goon on their Ice? by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Apparently. :D

Serious bit: Statesman got his mobile ?phone nicked from his room in the Dynasty. The only thing of value in his small bag and it got filched. He?s been to the tourist police and filed a report with the aid of the Tapeworm. And no ? she most definitely is not a suspect. Anyway, you can?t eat a Nokia so it couldn?t have been anything to do with her. I?ll not go into the details here suffice to say that the phone was nicked from his room when they were both out after 8pm. Just be aware.

Anyway that was yesterday and all my troubles seemed so far away (??all my tumbles see-saw Faraday?) and everything is now back to abnormal. Hurrah. Dear Mother, send more jam.

Red ? Gullivers tonight. Okey dokey. I shall lay off the grog until then. I?m going to phone Hal on his new number as I had only the old one on my mobile (the one without the charger). Which particular lady-boy hangout shall we go to tonight? Please let it be another one that costs 4000 baht for two bell-rings. That was fun. I?m giving up the campanology for a night.

Never thought I?d miss Pattaya (I don?t) but am missing Tinky. All together now ? ?Awwww?.

Bastards.

This report is sponsored by Tequila - it make me happy. (Ta keeler, it made the nappy)

A minor legal victory for SiLeakHunt means that xmas looks highly likely.

Oh no!I can see it now plastered across the front page of the Bangkok Post,THE LONDON CONTINGENT BANNED FROM PATTAYA :(:drunk::devil:

Did anyone see that serial "Band of Brothers"on tv.I think two of them had their legs blown off. :(

Archived